Who else lives next to US Hwy 41?

hangwire

• Members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_41

I had a client cancel and got on wikipedia too long and noticed that the Hwy nextto my house runs all the way down to Florida.

I love this stuff... when I lived in Janesville, WI- US Hwy 51 was a street that ran in the middle of the downtown area... and on a trip down to New Orleans I discovered it runs all the way down there...

....not that it would be a good idea time wise, but it is funny to think there is 1 road that connects so much stuff... like I could tell someone, get on Hyw 41, and after 1500 miles, exit and take 2 lefts and that's my place...

so, anyone else here live reasonable close to this highway?

• Members

I used to live about 3mi from it, near Crown Point, IN. And my best friend lives about 5 mi from it, near Mt. Carmel, IL

Well there ain't no road just like it, anywhere I've found

Runnin' south on Lake Shore Drive, headin' into town.

Just slippin' on by on L.S.D., Friday night and trouble bound.

• Members

yeah, but rt 295 runs from attelboro,ma to warwick Ri.. and dumps into 95 both ways...

but since it is designated hwy, that is to be expected... most 3 digit highways are off shoots of the highways that share the last 2 digits... like I-94 that runs through and bends at downtown Milwaukee has the I-894 bypass that skirts the county and joins back with I94 to avoid downtown...

• Members
hwy 41 is 10 minutes out for me.

you are an hour north.

yeah, my last car accident happened on hwy 41 in grayslake... got run off the road where going north on 41, there is a merging lane on the left [about a mile north off Abbot labs?] and afterwards knocked out the smart ass when he started talking {censored}... I still have a little scar on my knuckle from his tooth.

• Members

thats awesome.

well, punching a dood.

accidents suck.

it was one of those things that I tried to not get in the accident, endded up 360 spinning and going backwards-ish into the ditch on the other side of the road... and the ass deserved it because he started mouthing off with the cop there and took a swing at me 1st. I swayed and hit him, and then cop pulled him up and shoved him back into his car and told him to shut up.

• Members
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_41

I had a client cancel and got on wikipedia too long and noticed that the Hwy nextto my house runs all the way down to Florida.

I love this stuff... when I lived in Janesville, WI- US Hwy 51 was a street that ran in the middle of the downtown area... and on a trip down to New Orleans I discovered it runs all the way down there...

....not that it would be a good idea time wise, but it is funny to think there is 1 road that connects so much stuff... like I could tell someone, get on Hyw 41, and after 1500 miles, exit and take 2 lefts and that's my place...

so, anyone else here live reasonable close to this highway?

Definitely....I live in Oshkosh, WI. Hwy 41 is THE highway of the Fox Valley :)

• Members

I used to live about 3mi from it, near Crown Point, IN. And my best friend lives about 5 mi from it, near Mt. Carmel, IL

Well there ain't no road just like it, anywhere I've found

Runnin' south on Lake Shore Drive, headin' into town.

Just slippin' on by on L.S.D., Friday night and trouble bound.

I lived in crown point for 15 years.

• Members
Definitely....I live in Oshkosh, WI. Hwy 41 is THE highway of the Fox Valley
:)

the "gang" will be heading up to the "cabin" [a double wide decked out in 70s decor - lakefront property though :D ] which is about 30 minutes north of Antigo... so we take the exit after Lake Butte de Mortise in Oshkosh and that is the "1/3 of the way there" point.

Archived