This forum has turned me into a fuzz addict.

Zlandicar

• Members

I can't say enough good things about D*A*M pedals. They are THE BEST tonally and cosmetically. That is my taste though. They are not for everyone by any means. At this point I have a Meathead, a Deluxe Meathead, an Ezekiel 25:17 and a Sonic Titan spread out across my setup

are the wooly mammoth and the ezekiel similar? or is the ezekiel mainly a bass OD as opposed to a fuzz?

• Members

I have also been diseased...

Fulltone 70s
MJM 3 knob britbender
Jacques Mercerbox
Zvex Fuzzfactory
DAM meathead
Cornell Fuzzface
Skreddy Topfuel
Skreddy Mayo
NVN dinodrive
NVN Brontoboost
Frantone Peachfuzz

COMING SOON:

Big Cheese clone
Lovepedal White Dragon
Monsterpiece NPN
Barge Concept BB-1

GAS list:

Tonefactor Huckleberry
MI-audio Geo
Throbak stone-bender

Writing this list sickens me...... HC forums should be banned....

• Members

I have that identical pedal on my board right now ;) . You'll LOVE it!

I got a newer one (powedercoated) just to check out, and noticed it had a bit more mids and more variation in the tone control. I prefered my earlier version a lot more... the new one just wasn't voiced as fat or scoopy. Which is fine- makes the new version probably more versatile and easy to love for some!

Big differences on the circuitboards too! I'm no builder but they looked pretty different. Here's a pic with the color pulled out as to make it harder to get a grip on acutal component values... of course if this is uncool I can pull the pic ASAP. Or mods - feel free to nix the pic!

rams.jpg

-Ben

• Members
Dude where the hell do you guys find D*A*M pedals? They're out of stock at all the online stores i've seen.
:confused:
Did you have to wait for Ebay to turn one up? Saw one on the SPAM list but I was too slow
:cry:

Go to any site that stocks them and ask to be notified when they are in stock. David should be shipping several huge batches to various dealers shortly.

• Members

Big differences on the circuitboards too! I'm no builder but they looked pretty different. Here's a pic with the color pulled out as to make it harder to get a grip on acutal component values... of course if this is uncool I can pull the pic ASAP. Or mods - feel free to nix the pic!

rams.jpg

-Ben

Rams Head 9 looks to have been built on a General Guitar Gadgets circuit board.

He's changed all the .1 caps to a larger size electrolytic, most likely a 1uF, and removed C15 (100pF cap) and possibly made a few other changes.

• Members
I have that identical pedal on my board right now
;)
. You'll LOVE it!

I got a newer one (powedercoated) just to check out, and noticed it had a bit more mids and more variation in the tone control. I prefered my earlier version a lot more... the new one just wasn't voiced as fat or scoopy. Which is fine- makes the new version probably more versatile and easy to love for some!

rams.jpg

-Ben

Hmm. I was told this was #2. It's actually Green in color. Thanks.

• Members

Rams Head 9 looks to have been built on a General Guitar Gadgets circuit board.

He's changed all the .1 caps to a larger size electrolytic, most likely a 1uF, and removed C15 (100pF cap) and possibly made a few other changes.

Interesting re: the GGG BMP board... the traces look exactly the same, and here's a quick board / layout comparison (again, low-rez out of respect) - the Ram Head #9, and the schematic for the GGG Big Muff. Aside from a couple small changes, it looks nearly identical. Interesting! I dig this fuzz so damn much, maybe I'll try a GGG build and see how it compares!

gggram.jpg

-Ben

Archived