Problems with Perterson Strob Tuner...

ZJD

• Members

Post here...

Me - Yesterday at practice the input jack on my Strob Tuner v.1 was acting funny and would cut out my signal until I messed with it a couple times. I basically just wiggled my guitar cable in there until everything made contact. I'm going to have to open the enclosure today when I get home and see what's lose...:mad:

Go!

• Members

It is your cabel maybe yes?

I doubt it as the cable I was using was brand new (just got it two days ago in the mail), but I'll give it a test with my cable tester just to be sure. However, I really think it's the input jack. I mean why all of the sudden does the Strobostomp II have metal jacks? :idea:

• Members
yup....I'm using the boss one right now....it does the job and I don't have to be delicate with it.

Well, yeah, that's what a lot of people think, but I've had two go nuts on me so it's BS. May be I was unlucky but I've read of others having worn out jack problems (mine never got to that ripe old age). They sucked my high end noticeably as well.

I sold my SS because of the weak construction too...I really liked it but how Peterson could charge that much for such a prone pedal is beyond me. They deserve a spanking.:mad:

• Members
Well, yeah, that's what a lot of people think, but I've had two go nuts on me so it's BS. May be I was unlucky but I've read of others having worn out jack problems (mine never got to that ripe old age). They sucked my high end noticeably as well.

I sold my SS because of the weak construction too...I really liked it but how Peterson could charge that much for such a prone pedal is beyond me. They deserve a spanking.
:mad:

Seriously? I've seen tons of completely mangled TU-2s but they still go on workin'.

• Members

I think the ss2 gets rid of the only problem with the original (jacks)

Mine just stays on my board so its fine, but before it was it did play up once.

They also had problems with the display fading or freezing and the top plastic cover coming away.

I think I'd personally go for the DT-10 in the TU-2 price range. I think the TU-2 is ok, but the tone loss would be a deal breaker for me every time.

• Members

Post here...

Me - Yesterday at practice the input jack on my Strob Tuner v.1 was acting funny and would cut out my signal until I messed with it a couple times. I basically just wiggled my guitar cable in there until everything made contact. I'm going to have to open the enclosure today when I get home and see what's lose...
:mad:

Go!

Spray contact cleaner on the 1/4 in guitar cable jack and plug/unplug a few times while turning. Sounds like a dirty jack to me. :thu: That ought to fix it up.

Archived