Pedalworx Cactus Crunch

plecoman

• Members

from what I heard , production stopped on the Mc Broom pedals a while back.

Come back Bob!

re: the Blekas situation- if the guy is a little outspoken, so be it, it's kinda fun. if that keeps you from buying his pedal, so be it.

supposed to be about the tone , right?

• Members

Check out fatbacks video of him using that pedal. Sounds pretty good. I dont know that I'd buy from George though. He likes to talk crap on other builders who make tube screamer clones even though he does the same.

:blah:

It's inevitable that words will be misconstrued and people will hear only what they want to hear. This leaves the web with fewer and fewer builders posting on a regular basis.

FYI, I am a guitar player and gear hound first and foremost so I won't be intimidated into lurking.

What I had said is obviously over your head so I won't try to re-explain myself but I will give you a hint:

The pedal is not a Landgraph and John Landgraph didn't hype his more original idea using someone else's name.

(if you don't see the toggle coming out a decade ago as original then so be it)

It's the same borrowing of names and ideas for resale that has killed the open discussion of new ideas on the DIY sites as well.

An idea should be as fresh as the music especially coming from a "musician."

Maybe I am just expecting to much from people but I don't believe this to make me a pompous ass at all.

Sorry you don't get it

:deadhorse:

Regards,

George

• Members

First of all, George does not bad mouth any other builders. He was going for a Klonish vibe on the CC. I had a Donner box version, alas, found the o.d. too harsh and very much on the bright side, difficult to tweak. Sad to say despite owning a number of Pedalworx including the TTS, in my opinion the CC is not nearly as good a pedal, however there are others who hear it differently, Good, cause George is a great guy and a good builder.

Aldo...........

Hey Aldo,

You should have let me know!

I have a special Cactus Crunch on the test bench right now that I think you might find more to your liking.

Email me and I will send it to you, for free, to try out!:cool:

Regards,

George

• Members

I just wanted to say thank you for all your kind words!

You guys rock:cool:

If anybody is truly interested in the Cactus Crunch email me and let's see if I can dig up a test pedal for you to try out.

Did I mention how much I love the TIM, Landgraph, TTE, Analogman Chorus, BYOC delay, Love pedal Eternity, Ibanez TS-808, Boss DM-2, Line 6 DL-4, Zen Drive, Barber LTD & Tone Press,Moog, Teese Picture Wah, Screddy Mayo, Echoplex, Strobo tuner, Korg tuners,Menatone, Zvex, Retrosonic, Vox , Dunlop and EH pedals?:D

Have a great weekend!

George

• Members

If anybody is truly interested in the Cactus Crunch email me and let's see if I can dig up a test pedal for you to try out.

Did I mention how much I love the TIM, Landgraph, TTE, Analogman Chorus, BYOC delay, Love pedal Eternity, Ibanez TS-808, Boss DM-2, Line 6 DL-4, Zen Drive, Barber LTD & Tone Press,Moog, Teese Picture Wah, Screddy Mayo, Echoplex, Strobo tuner, Korg tuners,Menatone, Zvex, Retrosonic, Vox , Dunlop and EH pedals?
:D

Have a great weekend!

George

Hey George, I did email you after this post but maybe you were too busy? I mainly wanna know the difference between the catus Crunch and my tourpro toggle (the pic is on the post somewhere, its a prototype HOT). I just didn't understand much from the discription of the pedal on your site. Is it going for the transparet boost style thing?

• Members
Hey Aldo,

You should have let me know!

I have a special Cactus Crunch on the test bench right now that I think you might find more to your liking.

Email me and I will send it to you, for free, to try out!
:cool:

Regards,

George

Didn't know that George! That would be cool. I will shoot you an E. mail with my contact info now!:thu:

• Members

George

You don't have to thank anyone George - you've paid your dues as a musician and as a pedal builder. You've earned the respect of untold thousands over the years so just keep on keeping on and next time you talk to Bob McBroom - tell him we love him too!

Rock the hell on Brother! :cool:

:wave:

• Members

Hey George, I did email you after this post but maybe you were too busy? I mainly wanna know the difference between the catus Crunch and my tourpro toggle (the pic is on the post somewhere, its a prototype HOT). I just didn't understand much from the discription of the pedal on your site. Is it going for the transparet boost style thing?

I had some issues with my email so sorry for not getting back to you on this.

The Tour Pro Toggle is the boost side of the TTS.

These both are based on a heavily moded Tube Screamer.

While originally tuning the circuit I had not heard of Fulltone so it's not a copy of that.

Even the toggle idea I had not seen when I originally put it in the TTS.

The Cactus Crunch is it's own thing. Baxandall (active) tone controls, 18 volts and no input buffer. The idea here was higher headroom through running at 18 volts and a more pick dynamic pedal by losing the input buffer.

When building this one I was thinking about the things I liked most about the Klon and the TIM as well as the Alf pedals. This was done through listening and not by copying something that was already done since I have too much respect for all of these guys to do something like that.

Heck, at first the CC blurb said something about Robben Ford tones but as soon as Robben started using Alf's pedal this blurb was pulled out of repect to Alf.

It's sometime hard for me to state a description of a pedal because I feel like I need to reference to something else when describing it's tone. Klon,SRV, Robben Ford or what ever tone references I decide to run with can be misconstrued and twist to show I am evil and out to destroy the world when all I ever wanted out of this was friggin sharks with laser beams on the heads:D

Anyway, I hope this answered your question without pissing anybody off.

Regards,

Georg

• Members

I had some issues with my email so sorry for not getting back to you on this.

The Tour Pro Toggle is the boost side of the TTS.

These both are based on a heavily moded Tube Screamer.

While originally tuning the circuit I had not heard of Fulltone so it's not a copy of that.

Even the toggle idea I had not seen when I originally put it in the TTS.

The Cactus Crunch is it's own thing. Baxandall (active) tone controls, 18 volts and no input buffer. The idea here was higher headroom through running at 18 volts and a more pick dynamic pedal by losing the input buffer.

When building this one I was thinking about the things I liked most about the Klon and the TIM as well as the Alf pedals. This was done through listening and not by copying something that was already done since I have too much respect for all of these guys to do something like that.

Heck, at first the CC blurb said something about Robben Ford tones but as soon as Robben started using Alf's pedal this blurb was pulled out of repect to Alf.

It's sometime hard for me to state a description of a pedal because I feel like I need to reference to something else when describing it's tone. Klon,SRV, Robben Ford or what ever tone references I decide to run with can be misconstrued and twist to show I am evil and out to destroy the world when all I ever wanted out of this was friggin sharks with laser beams on the heads:D

Anyway, I hope this answered your question without pissing anybody off.

Regards,

Georg

I miss talking to you, I may give a phone call would that be o.k.? Everytime I call you though you are driving! You Greek's!:D

Archived