Pedalworx Cactus Crunch

plecoman

• Members

Check out fatbacks video of him using that pedal. Sounds pretty good. I dont know that I'd buy from George though. He likes to talk crap on other builders who make tube screamer clones even though he does the same.

hmmm sounds like a solid reason not to buy something

:rolleyes:

• Members

haha, there is also any clip on youtube. Anyone played these first hand who can whrite a little on how they sound???

First of all, George does not bad mouth any other builders. He was going for a Klonish vibe on the CC. I had a Donner box version, alas, found the o.d. too harsh and very much on the bright side, difficult to tweak. Sad to say despite owning a number of Pedalworx including the TTS, in my opinion the CC is not nearly as good a pedal, however there are others who hear it differently, Good, cause George is a great guy and a good builder.

Aldo...........

• Members

Check out fatbacks video of him using that pedal. Sounds pretty good. I dont know that I'd buy from George though. He likes to talk crap on other builders who make tube screamer clones even though he does the same.

Say what?!?!?

That's crazy. I've been talking with and emailing back & forth with George Blekas for years and I've never ever heard him talk {censored} about anybody else's stuff - not once. Ever.

As far as the Cactus Crunch - I loved the first one so much I bought a 2nd one once he'd done some more tweaking on it - I tried to decide which one I liked more - and George even offered to take the one I liked less back if I wanted him to - the problem was that they both sounded delicious as hell to me and I decided to keep them both. He's a pro through and through.

As to the original poster's question - I also have the Texas Two Step but it's after 10:30 now where I live so I won't A/B them this late - but I will tomorrow evening and post back here to try to help you out. I own one of everything that Pedalworx makes except the Tour Pro - but I can still give these a run through for ya! :cool:

• Members

Just not the sign of a person I want to buy from. And yes this was said to me not something I heard about or read on here about.

Have you ever had a conversation with "George?"

Seems like you guys are on a first-name basis with each other.

If so then why don't you ask him first if the story is true or not,

before you come & troll on a thread where the question was "What does a Cactus Crunch" sound like?

It's a bush-league maneuver pal.

• Members

before you come & troll on a thread where the question was "What does a Cactus Crunch" sound like?

:thu:

• Members

Say what?!?!?

That's crazy. I've been talking with and emailing back & forth with George Blekas for years and I've never ever heard him talk {censored} about anybody else's stuff - not once. Ever.

As far as the Cactus Crunch - I loved the first one so much I bought a 2nd one once he'd done some more tweaking on it - I tried to decide which one I liked more - and George even offered to take the one I liked less back if I wanted him to - the problem was that they both sounded delicious as hell to me and I decided to keep them both. He's a pro through and through.

As to the original poster's question - I also have the Texas Two Step but it's after 10:30 now where I live so I won't A/B them this late - but I will tomorrow evening and post back here to try to help you out. I own one of everything that Pedalworx makes except the Tour Pro - but I can still give these a run through for ya!
:cool:

In fact I have had convos with George myself, order a Tourpro and Neodrive years ago. I remembered him being quite nice actually... mmm...

SO its going for the Klon thing as I guessed. I really like the Tour pro toggle I have though, are really clear sounding overdrive, no nasel honk at all. I would be curious if you could give me a little comparasion. I mean, whats the TTS based on then, just a quality version of something like the FUlldrive's idea?

• Members

In fact I have had convos with George myself, order a Tourpro and Neodrive years ago. I remembered him being quite nice actually... mmm...

SO its going for the Klon thing as I guessed. I really like the Tour pro toggle I have though, are really clear sounding overdrive, no nasel honk at all. I would be curious if you could give me a little comparasion. I mean, whats the TTS based on then, just a quality version of something like the FUlldrive's idea?

The TTS is like a Tour Pro with a boost switch. Mine has three levels of compression which the Fulldrive does not have, and personally sound's much more open and clear as opposed to the Fulldrive.

• Members

Its not bush league at all. When I bought my SRB-808 off of ebay I posted about it at TGP and George accused the guy of stealing the name of his SRV-808 and put him down for building a clone of a pedal which in the case of this pedal was the landgraff DO. George said it was lame of him to use the name landgraff and not build something original. I asked him how it was any different than him using 808 which is ibanez's and SRV which was basically using Stevie's name to sell pedals. Don't tell me what he did or didnt say unless you were there.

• Members

Its not bush league at all. When I bought my SRB-808 off of ebay I posted about it at TGP and George accused the guy of stealing the name of his SRV-808 and put him down for building a clone of a pedal which in the case of this pedal was the landgraff DO. George said it was lame of him to use the name landgraff and not build something original. I asked him how it was any different than him using 808 which is ibanez's and SRV which was basically using Stevie's name to sell pedals. Don't tell me what he did or didnt say unless you were there.

I'd like to see that thread and check out the the contex in which it was taken. I can remember my friend former Pedalworx partner Bob Mcbroom getting hot once in awhile but not George. If it is true it shows we all are human. I would buy fro George any time it is your choice not to do so, that is your right.

• Members

Here is his first quote in a long thread of nothing but attacking the guy who sells pedals on ebay for $85.

Yawn, dudes taking SRV's and Landgraph's name in one swoop.

I only wonder if he thinks it really is SRB??? LOL

Too lame...I shouldn't even have commented.

Sorry

• Members

I'd like to see that thread and check out the the contex in which it was taken. I can remember my friend former Pedalworx partner Bob Mcbroom getting hot once in awhile but not George. If it is true it shows we all are human. I would buy fro George any time it is your choice not to do so, that is your right.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=177304&highlight=landgraff+clone

He may be a nice guy but he come off as rude to me and showed no respect for the other pedal maker who obviously isnt in it to make any money or undermine George's business.

• Members

It's a bush-league maneuver because you came onto a thread to disrespect someone's reputation while the question was about the tone of his pedals.

Besides the whole idea of what you're claiming is a big-deal or a good reason not to buy a gtr. pedal is just ridiculous. Get a life!

• Members
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=177304&highlight=landgraff+clone

He may be a nice guy but he come off as rude to me and showed no respect for the other pedal maker who obviously isnt in it to make any money or undermine George's business.

Link didn't work for me. But really every one says things at times that are out of character. I have had numerous fight's etc with too many builders to mention, some work out o.k. and the others well............:D

• Members

It's a bush-league maneuver because you came onto a thread to disrespect someone's reputation while the question was about the tone of his pedals.

Besides the whole idea of what you're claiming is a big-deal or a good reason not to buy a gtr. pedal is just ridiculous. Get a life!

I said the pedal sounded good or at least in fatbacks vid it did. I also stated my opinion on why I would buy from him which now includes links to the statements. Its my choice on who I buy from and the same goes for you. I stated my piece now I'm out.

• Members

Link didn't work for me. But really every one says things at times that are out of character. I have had numerous fight's etc with too many builders to mention, some work out o.k. and the others well............
:D

I think you have to use them manually. Like copy and paste.

I understand what you mean. George just come off to me like hey I did it first so its ok but this guy needs to find a different career.

• Members
I think you have to use them manually. Like copy and paste.

I understand what you mean. George just come off to me like hey I did it first so its ok but this guy needs to find a different career.

It's a rough world out there for sure!!:) :) There is enough for everyone.:thu:

Archived