Line 6 DL4

DLDude

• Members

I've been in the market for a Delay pedal. Ive looked at Echoparks, DD6, DD3, DD-20 and the DL4. Well, after scouring Craigslist for a while, I found a DL4 for what looks to be about $160. Assuming it's in good condition, should i bite, or am I going to regret buying it since i should have gotten a DD-20 or the likes? Any ideas?

• Members

People will tell you they're unreliable. I've had mine for 3 years-ish. It died a few months ago, but I found a fix for it and it hasn't given me any problems since. I love it. Sometimes I think i want to sell it and get a DMM or something else, but it's just so versatile and can get so weird. The looping is fantastic also. I would miss that too much.

• Members

i've had two DL4s - one lasted 4 years without breaking and i sold it because i needed cash.

the other i currently have had for 3 years and it's still going fine.

I keep mine in a case and don't stomp it very hard, but i use it a LOT.

• Members

Apparently most of the issues have quick fixes now, other than switches or jacks crapping out, and that can happen with anything. $160 doesn't seem like a killer deal, but if its in great shape and working its certainly not bad either.

• Members

When it works its great!
Mine has just let me down too many times.
I can't rely on it any more. Got a bad one I guess!
Now it serves as a paper weight.

There are other delays that are much more reliable.
I regret buying Line 6 DL4 more than any other piece of gear that I own!

• Members

i got a floor model from guitar center that was probably abused a lot harder than i use it and I've had it a year or so. who knows how long it sat a guitar center getting stomped on.. never failed me yet... ugly condition but for $125.. couldn't pass it up.

• Members

I see the DL4 all the time on the pedal boards of the stars....many pro's tour around the world with them. Thats got to tell you something.

I've had mine for about two years with no problems......use a good power supply or the actual LINE6 adapter..

It acts weird when not fed the right voltage....

• Members

I think I'm going to take it. He said it's in like-new condition, hasnt been used many times. I will get a power adapter. I dont play out so it will be taken care of and not beat on for sure.

If nothing else, they consistently go for $180+on ebay so I cant at least make my money back if i don't like it.

• Members

I had one for 3 years(until it was stolen last fall) and it had no problems, unlike the Boss DD-5 and DD-6, which both would cut out and short out live. I bought a new one and it is great too. It is basically 3 pedals in one with a built in looper and tempo pedal. I love IT!!!

• Members

I see the DL4 all the time on the pedal boards of the stars....many pro's tour around the world with them. Thats got to tell you something.

I've had mine for about two years with no problems......use a good power supply or the actual LINE6 adapter..

It acts weird when not fed the right voltage....

Absolutely - that needs to be put in the open.

I've had brown outs in clubs with questionable power circuits.

but when it has pure voltage at its disposal, the DL4 is hard to touch when it comes to user friendliness and excellent sounds.

Archived