I'm starting a new pedal relic'ing company!!!

Jaymeister

• Members

I am going to start a new comapny that specializes in pedal board relic'ing.

My target market will be those anal retentive giggers and bedroom wanker/pedal collectors who need to break out of their unhealthy reclusive obsessive compulsive lifestyles to become faux "beat to crap gear whore's of the world".

I will take your "pristine" effects boards with pedals and return them to you soaked in the alcoholic beverage of your choice (mixed "girlie drinks" available for an extra charge). I will carefully sprinkle each pedal with ashes and dust only from the finest dingy bars and stages in North America. Feel free to identify the plastic knobs on each pedal you would like me to pull or partially break off. I will indiscriminantly label effects with sharpie pens to give that "I can't remember my settings" vibe, and I can also judiciously make use of duck tape wher desired.

I employ the latest technology, and have at my disposal the following "tools":

1. Large duffle bag filled with cables and other heavy objects toss pretty pedals into and mar and scratch things up.

2. Dremel tool for engraving numbers and stuff, so nobody will dare steal you rig, if you ever take it out.

3. Sandpaper of varuious grits for scraping paint of and general wear.

4. Large well stocked liquor cabinet..for those "spills" that gigging players all love to have.

5. A pair of size 13 workboots to really work in those switches

6. A friend who can't hold her liquor very well...ugh

I guarantee 129% satisfaction! Every nook and cranny of your board will appear as though it has been through a National Tour without the support of a road tech! Never again will members of internet forums ever accuse you of being that non-gigging, no talent, bedroom wanker.

You will be considered the pro musician of the world that you truly aspire to be.

Feel free to email me for quotes.

:D

• Members

1. Large duffle bag filled with cables and other heavy objects toss pretty pedals into and mar and scratch things up.

:D

be sure to throw in a nice sharp cornered 70's vintage small stone phaser to really gouge things up...did wonders for aging my Supertonebender back in the day with lots of little scrapes :wave:

• Members

Come now.

The real market is in vinyl "distressed" decals of cracks, dings, and paint chips. You can put them on the pedals before you gig so you can keep your tough, devil may care attitude when folks see you live. Back home you can remove the fake relic decals and once again covet your precious boxes in all of their pristine glory.

:p

• Members

The real market is in vinyl "distressed" decals of cracks, dings, and paint chips. You can put them on the pedals before you gig so you can keep your tough, devil may care attitude when folks see you live. Back home you can remove the fake relic decals and once again covet your
precious
boxes in all of their pristine glory.

I think you're on to something here! :cool:

• Members

Come now.

The real market is in vinyl "distressed" decals of cracks, dings, and paint chips. You can put them on the pedals before you gig so you can keep your tough, devil may care attitude when folks see you live. Back home you can remove the fake relic decals and once again covet your
precious
boxes in all of their pristine glory.

:p

We would have to come up with a way to identify the fake un-relic'd pedals on eBay. People would surely use the decals to deceive the buyers.

• Members

I just throw mine in the clothes dryer for a couple of cycles, seems to do the job.
:thu:

Hehe...

...all the experts will tell you that unless you pay lots of money to a professional relic master, then your pedal will lack mojo.

For example, I'm thinking of starting a niche relicing business aimed soley at Zvex pedals. :idea:

• Members

Hehe...

...all the experts will tell you that unless you pay lots of money to a professional relic master, then your pedal will lack mojo.

For example, I'm thinking of starting a niche relicing business aimed soley at Zvex pedals.
:idea:

Damn,

That's why my pedals sound like crap. I guess it's best to leave it to the pros.

• 5 months later...

Archived