The Solaris

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nice design, not like hartmann or clavia, but still - its always nice to see a new (huge) hardware synth released .. i hope their venture survives this tricky market. good work, John Bowen.. let's wait n see HOW MUCH and what does it do. iirc solaris was some kind of wavetabling synth , wasnt it.. ok i see WAV and CEM (i guess VA code) buttons at OSC level. anything else?

i recall ppl swearing by John's VA version of Pro One, tho i never heard it myself.. hmmm this could be interesting.

John%2BBowen%2BSolaris%2B(Dark%2BVersion

one way or another, i suspect Don Solaris will sell a few of his rolands and buy this thing ASAP. its a given.. :D

• Members

if i had a cpl of grand to spend on new boars exclusively.. i think i'd still go for Stromberg (w analog filter option90 first), and then new Nord Lead, before this..

but, call me crazy, somehow i have a hunch this might be in stores sooner than Stromberg. i hope not..

• Members

But I look at that and think "great, another over-complicated, over-priced VA."

If this were a Waldorf synth, would you feel the same way? The software version's a lot closer to a Waldorf synth than any virtual analogue that comes to mind {wavetables, sample playback, dizzying modulation capabilities}.

• Members

But im guessing you can buy the software...? IM just curious why i haven't heard of anything this guy has done at all...

but oh yea this will be in the 4k range.

Probably because you need to buy a hardware platform {Creamware's Scope PCI} to run the software.

• Members
where's Don Solaris on this one

Actually quite away these days. Having some bad times with the Kurz, XV and one hard disk between them that just doesn't want to listen!

dontgetit.gif

@urban: hey, how did you changed the topic title without "Laste edited by..." notice. Or was is it some of the mods... (i suspect Yoozer). mf_type.gif

• Members

If this were a Waldorf synth, would you feel the same way? The software version's a lot closer to a Waldorf synth than any virtual analogue that comes to mind {wavetables, sample playback, dizzying modulation capabilities}.

Haha! Yes, in fact, I'm not too hyped about the Stromberg either. Lately some VAs have been leaving me a little cold.

• Members

No, the first post is a picture of Solaris on Creamware's Scope platform. It is an absolute monster, my favorite Scope synth ever. People had been clamoring for a hardware version, and it looks like it's finally happened. This is the first digital synth announcement that's excited me in years. Great news!

• Members

Haha! Yes, in fact, I'm not too hyped about the Stromberg either. Lately some VAs have been leaving me a little cold.

That's fair - I guess I'm not sure why you're calling this a VA, though. Where does "digital subtractive", as someone here aptly put it, end, and VA begin?

Archived