Check out my band's new video!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right on, man.

Love your band.
:thu:

I'll have to show you how we play "Evaporate" acoustic sometime.

Yeah, I'd like to hear that. We've done it acoutic a few times and I'm curious as to what your take is on the turnaround b/t chorus and 3rd part.

• Members

Well, overall, thanks guys.. I'm real jazzed about the video as it allows us to get something out there that encompasses everything about the band. And yes, I am still using the ad-140, though I've been tempted to try out the splawn quickrod. I was talking to the guitarist for 10 Years and he was loving my ad-140 and I was loving his quickrod but neither of us was wanting to give up either, hehe.

• Members

when i see most video's like this, i always wonder something (and this is a totally honest question.) Does it in any way piss you off that your singer, who has a marketable "look" and is, you know, very dramatic and all this, plastered over 95% of the video and yourself, the drummer and the bassist are probably not recognizable to anyone but your own wife or mother? i think this would irritate me to no end, as i'm sure you work just as hard if not harder than your singer. like evanescence, as FDZ said... i can picture the singer very clearly but i couldn't tell you for the life of me what the other band members looked like.

it just annoys me that faces are pushed rather than bands... like i know every one of the rolling stones, i know every one of the ramones, i know every person in nirvana. granted kurt became a bigger star than krist but it seemed a bit more democratic.

• Members

Turned out great.
:thu:
Got any more?

The director wants to do more for us. We're still deciding exactly which one to do. He wants to do one of our slower songs but some of the members dont totally agree with it. I'm cool with whatever.

• Members

when i see most video's like this, i always wonder something (and this is a totally honest question.) Does it in any way piss you off that your singer, who has a marketable "look" and is, you know, very dramatic and all this, plastered over 95% of the video and yourself, the drummer and the bassist are probably not recognizable to anyone but your own wife or mother? i think this would irritate me to no end, as i'm sure you work just as hard if not harder than your singer. like evanescence, as FDZ said... i can picture the singer very clearly but i couldn't tell you for the life of me what the other band members looked like.

it just annoys me that faces are pushed rather than bands... like i know every one of the rolling stones, i know every one of the ramones, i know every person in nirvana. granted kurt became a bigger star than krist but it seemed a bit more democratic.

I don't care. I'm not in this to be recognized.

• Members

i think this would irritate me to no end, as i'm sure you work just as hard if not harder than your singer.

I think that it would grade nerves after a while but for me I could care less. A lot of times, I like walking out of a club without having to deal with talking with a bunch of people. I am, by no means, anti-social but the spotlight is too much. IMO, at the end of the day it's all about the music and if marketing one face is the vehicle to get your music heard then go for it!

• Members

From someone who's not into either band, it reminds me of Evanescence. Also totally needs a guitar solo.

get past the female lead singer. I've never even heard evanesance past the one song on the radio.

• Members

I think that it would grade nerves after a while but for me I could care less. A lot of times, I like walking out of a club without having to deal with talking with a bunch of people. I am, by no means, anti-social but the spotlight is too much. IMO, at the end of the day it's all about the music and if marketing one face is the vehicle to get your music heard then go for it!

the spotlight is a weird thing. at art openings i've had it is tremendously exhausting to speak to people about your art, and at that sort of event, your off the hook after one night. i suppose it would indeed be trying to experience it night after night... i honestly can't imagine what mega-movie stars must go through, but their mostly subhuman anyway. :wave:

• Members

Well, overall, thanks guys.. I'm real jazzed about the video as it allows us to get something out there that encompasses everything about the band. And yes, I am still using the ad-140, though I've been tempted to try out the splawn quickrod. I was talking to the guitarist for 10 Years and he was loving my ad-140 and I was loving his quickrod but neither of us was wanting to give up either, hehe.

Sounds and looks really professional! Very well done. Not my style but I can appreciate the effort.

I play a Splawn Pro Mod and I suggest you get the Quick Rod. :thu:

I like Orange amps too and I owned a Rockerverb for a while but to me there is no comparison in tone. Splawn is the best modded Marshall sound i have ever heard or plyed. I am not affiliated with them, btw, just a very happy owner. My amp gas has finally been satisfied.

• Members

the spotlight is a weird thing. at art openings i've had it is tremendously exhausting to speak to people about your art, and at that sort of event, your off the hook after one night. i suppose it would indeed be trying to experience it night after night... i honestly can't imagine what mega-movie stars must go through, but their mostly subhuman anyway.
:wave:

I agree, movies stars are insane. I would also have a hard time touring in a big time band being in the middle of that every night. I think I would rather be a hired gun and keep my sanity. :lol:

• Members

get past the female lead singer. I've never even heard evanesance past the one song on the radio.

come on. youre in a hardrock band with a singer that sings about boyfriends and women issues...comparisons to evanescence are inevitable. maybe not justified, but inevitable. even the way, like that dude was saying, the video was of her and then sometimes it showed the band playing...with her standing in front of you. thats exactly like evanescense. it was shot like it was her solo album and they had a stand in band for the shoot.

it did look really professional, though.:)

Archived