organ sounds w/ guitar

• Members

Organ or synth?

in the peter shroud ehx demos he does a nice organ sound with the POG. i'm wondering if there is another pedal that can do that that doesn't cost over $300 bucks and isn't teh size of an aircraft carrier?

• Members

^ I don't agree at all. POG is where it's at. The HOG's tracking isn't even as good. I can't think of anything better than the POG. The Magicstomp is cool depending on the patches, though.

To be honest, I didn't find much difference in hog/pog tracking -- I'm not even sure if they really "track" as such (I suspect they are built on the same technology)

I think one thing that can make it appear so is the more extreme filer section of the HOG

the more comprehensive filtering on the hog /w envelope parameters (which can slow th attack)

and

that you have the 3rd and 5th intervals (I suspec these are generated in just temperament based algebraiclly, sort of like the old Anderton Rocktave divider) which cn tend to create more intermodulation

• Members

in the peter shroud ehx demos he does a nice organ sound with the POG. i'm wondering if there is another pedal that can do that that doesn't cost over $300 bucks and isn't teh size of an aircraft carrier?

well i heard around here that they're making a new smaller (and therefore more affordable?) version of the POG

so you could hold out for that

my HOG is being shipped over from the states as we speak!

• Members

well i heard around here that they're making a new smaller (and therefore more affordable?) version of the POG

so you could hold out for that

my HOG is being shipped over from the states as we speak!

that's the second time i've heard this. damn i hope it's true although i doubt it would be much cheaper.

• Members

in the peter shroud ehx demos he does a nice organ sound with the POG. i'm wondering if there is another pedal that can do that that doesn't cost over $300 bucks and isn't
teh size of an aircraft carrier?

I don't have anything to contribute other than the fact that I LOL'd so hard when I read that.

• Members

Hey ck3, you have any setting suggestions for the MS to get those organ sounds? I also have a Boss HR-2 harmony pedal of which has been said can produce those sounds but I haven't had too much success in the limited time I have played with it.

Thanx,

Jim

• Members

I thought I heard from angelhair that two PS-3's can do cool organ-ish washes, though the tracking wouldn't be great. I haven't tried this myself, though.

Just my single PS3 can do somewhat organ sounds in a pinch. Mode 10 with an octave up and an octave down. If you're doing swelled sounds, the tracking isn't noticeable at all. Also.. swelled volume into mode 7 on ascending octaves = :love: .

• Members

Just my single PS3 can do somewhat organ sounds in a pinch. Mode 10 with an octave up and an octave down. If you're doing swelled sounds, the tracking isn't noticeable at all. Also.. swelled volume into mode 7 on ascending octaves =
:love:

Yeah, that's true. Those are pretty cool sounds. I wish the tracking could be better so that you could do funkier organ-esque stuff, but you're right. Swells do sound really cool. :cool:

• Members

:eek:
That looks great.

I heard a guy playing a Guitorgan back around 1985. It was in a Hungarian restaurant in Miami, if that ain't weird enough. The guy was playing this strange lounge music on it while I ate chicken paprikash. It sounded exactly like an organ.

• Members

Hey ck3, you have any setting suggestions for the MS to get those organ sounds? I also have a Boss HR-2 harmony pedal of which has been said can produce those sounds but I haven't had too much success in the limited time I have played with it.

Thanx,

Jim

The Dual Pitch effect set for +/- 12 semitones on mode 10 with a slight delay b/t the octaves should suffice nicely. The UB99 can't provide the same amount of layering as a POG/HOG, but can definitely work in a pinch. :thu:

Archived