some appreciation - Adrian Belew

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
He had like seven marks of different colored-tape at various points on the stage in front of his amp where he would step to create different tones of feedback - sometimes jumping back & forth to occillate (sp?) two feedback notes. Unbelievable

actually thats the technique Fripp 'invented' for the famous guitar parts in 'Heroes' ...
I saw Belew twice with King Crimson ... awesome :thu:
Fripp and Belew are the main reason I started to play guitar.

• Members

Belew is awesome on Frank Zappa's Baby Snakes concert video.

{censored}ing A he is

I've seen King Crimson 4 times (i'm 23) , Saw them twice with Tool and twice at the Warfield in SF - once with Pygmy Love Circus opening, another time just them, the latter show was the best show sonically, that I have ever seen, this was like in 2004, they played a lot of stuff off "The Power To Believe" it was mind bending/blowing.

• Members
{censored}ing A he is

I've seen King Crimson 4 times (i'm 23) , Saw them twice with Tool and twice at the Warfield in SF - once with Pygmy Love Circus opening, another time just them, the latter show was the best show sonically, that I have ever seen, this was like in 2004, they played a lot of stuff off "The Power To Believe" it was mind bending/blowing.

I wish I was you :cry:. His work with KC is simply amazing, he matches up great with Fripp!

Archived