How do you know if the battery in the TS9 is dying?

• Members

So I bought a modded Ibanez TS9 from ebay back in April

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330108675724

A week ago I noticed at band practice the pedal kept going in and out...the sound that is..and then there was no sound at all.

The red light was still bright it seemed and the battery wasn't that old...I switched it with another 9 volt from my bassist tuner and it worked fine for the rest of practice.

So Saturday my band has our first gig. We practice before earlier in the day for an hour and it worked fine. Then during the actual performance the first song it f$%$%ing went out on me. The sound went in and out and then it was dead....it lasted for a good 20 seconds and then worked again and was fine for the rest of practice

Is this a sign of just battery problems or is the unit itself screwed up. I paid $120 for this thing and it is already giving problems. I don't know if it possible the guy screwed something up when modding it...but his feedback is great.

Does the TS9 light dim when the battery is low like Boss pedals or does it just die?

• Members

start with the easy stuff first... I would take some emerycloth or bristle brush and give the jacks a good rogering cuz it could be something as easy as dirty contact between jack and plug; work yourway out from there to the more complicated matters. Occam's Razor:wave:

• Members

So I bought a modded Ibanez TS9 from ebay back in April

A week ago I noticed at band practice the pedal kept going in and out...the sound that is..and then there was no sound at all.

The red light was still bright it seemed and the battery wasn't that old...I switched it with another 9 volt from my bassist tuner and it worked fine for the rest of practice.

So Saturday my band has our first gig. We practice before earlier in the day for an hour and it worked fine. Then during the actual performance the first song it f$%$%ing went out on me. The sound went in and out and then it was dead....it lasted for a good 20 seconds and then worked again and was fine for the rest of practice

Is this a sign of just battery problems or is the unit itself screwed up. I paid $120 for this thing and it is already giving problems. I don't know if it possible the guy screwed something up when modding it...but his feedback is great.

Does the TS9 light dim when the battery is low like Boss pedals or does it just die?

Try a 1 SPOT.

Archived