New guitarday (tele content inside).

jussi_k

• Members

I'm looking to pick up that model myself... thanks for the quick review.

You should do that, I think, just as long you get it for a good price.

Along with the {censored}ty HB (which has quite high output by the way) it's easy to see that the pots and the pickup switcher are not the best quality stuff but everything else seems solid. Tuners seem to be ok, and the single coil PU too.

• Members

Nice. I'm a bit of a Tele purist, so I'm a little sceptical about humbuckers, but this is a prime opportunity to try out some of the GFS Retrotron humbuckers, which are voiced for a more Gretsch-y or Rickenbacker-y sound than a standard 'bucker. They love them over on Electric Guitars. If you're going to have a humbucker on a Tele, that would be HAWT.

• Members

I was actually already checking out the GFS pickups but from your point of view I am about to do a nasty thing and get a higher output PAF-style pickup and fix a push/pull coil split switch in the volume pot.

My number one option would be to score an old Seymour Duncan '59 for ebay but the prices of those GFS pickups are very tempting in deed.

• Members
I was actually already checking out the GFS pickups but from your point of view I am about to do a nasty thing and get a higher output PAF-style pickup and fix a push/pull coil split switch in the volume pot.

For shame, jussi_k :eek:;)

Give us a review when you get it, I'm considering some GFS pickups for my Yamaha semi, and I want to know whether they're any good...

Archived