Delay question... 2 at the same time??

C Fuzz

• Members

I have been using a DE7 that I bought a few weeks ago and love it. I love short slap-backy stuff for most of my playing but for some lead playing I often like a longer delay. To avoid bending down and adjusting my pedal all the time I won an old DOD FX90 Delay. My question is would it sound good if I left 1 delay always on with the short delay and just kick on the longer delay over it for solos. The less tap dancing the better, but will the 2 differant delay lengths sound good a once?

Thanks.

• Members

No problem with it at all. A lot of people say that is what has crafted the Edge's sound. I use my DMM for shorts and the DD-5. the both of them together makes for an interesting combo as long as they're working together tempo wise.

• Members

FX90 is the Lo-Fi hotness! Love the oscillation. Probably not as sweet as a more expensive pedal but nothing sounds quite as dirty as the 90 either. I have an Arion SAD-1 which has sweeter delays but I prefer the sound of the 90. :thu:

• Members

I just started running two delays and love it.

Try an Ibanez Tonelok DE7; great tape echo sound for cheap ($65), 2600ms delay, and it oscillates.

If you are handy with a soldering iron try a BYOC Didital delay ($80); very warm sounding repeats and it oscillates as well. Only about 400ms delay time though.

Archived