People who bring 8+ pedals on stage for gigs, let's talk.

tenoken

Just curious whether I am on the verge of overdoing it or not. At my last show, I had 9 and it was a bit of a mess.

dyna comp - blues driver - ts9 - small clone - tuna melt - chicken salad - danecho - volume/wah - tuner

In that band I play a huge range of material (cover band) and it helps to have a lot of sounds to draw upon, but at some point it gets out of hand. And I even left my
big muff
at home that night.
:(

I wanna hear from some of you who gig with huge pedal boards. On the 'show us your boards' thread there are some massive boards. Do you guys actually take all that on stage?! Especially the guys with
HOGs, POGs
and other $300+ pedals. In addition to taking up so much floor space, do you worry about having too many valuable effects near drunken bar patrons.

I've got two 3' X 16" boards and there's several pedals on them that are fairly expensive (Lovetone, Diamond, etc)... and while they're mostly for use here in the studio, I do also use them when gigging.

8 - 10 pedals is not at all unreasonable for use with a cover band IMHO. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If I were a pedal junkie with a ton of pedals, there is no way I'd run them on a gigantic pedal board. I'd do this:

hisashi_6.jpg

P6250683.JPG

P6250681.JPG

If I did not spend so much money/time on my latest pedal board, I would like to get a setup like this. The big board I have is really too big for a lot of gigs.

Archived