Paypal question

• Members

Sorry, paypal newbie here and just wondering about a couple of things. I've set up an account because I want to use my credit card to pay for a couple of pedal mods. This is gonna sound real dumb, but when it comes to paying, will he request it from my account or do I have to send it to his? And seeing as I'm using credit card, does that mean I don't have to verify a bank account? Because I really can't be bothered with that! Thanks...

• Members
He (The guy selling the pedal mod) can request a payment from you then you pay him as his paypal address is already on that Paypal page or just pay him when he tells you to send money.
:)

Thanks. So can I use my credit card rather than having to verify a bank account?

• Members

as far as i know anyone can pay for something through paypal with a CC without even having to have a paypal account. (but don't quote me on that)

sorry if I seem a bit vauge but I set me account up years ago, so it's all a bit hazy now:lol:

EDIT : if the place accepts paypal, then they will probably send you a paypal invoice (if not ask) then you can just click the link in the invoice and it will take you to paypal where you can pay.

• Members

as far as i know anyone can pay for something through paypal with a CC without even having to have a paypal account. (but don't quote me on that)

sorry if I seem a bit vauge but I set me account up years ago, so it's all a bit hazy now:lol:

EDIT : if the place accepts paypal, then they will probably send you a paypal invoice (if not ask) then you can just click the link in the invoice and it will take you to paypal where you can pay.

Thanks, that's helpful...

• Members

continued..... then when the link opens it will take you to the paypal login page now on that page underneath where members sign in, I'm pretty sure there is a button which says something like 'pay with CC' if you click that it takes you to another screen that will have you put all your personal details in, then your CC details. Like I said before it's been a while so none of this is 100% but I'm sure it's works something like that.:)

• Members
continued..... then when the link opens it will take you to the paypal login page now on that page underneath where members sign in, I'm pretty sure there is a button which says something like 'pay with CC' if you click that it takes you to another screen that will have you put all your personal details in, then your CC details. Like I said before it's been a while so none of this is 100% but I'm sure it's works something like that.
:)

Thanks very much. Sounds simple enough. Sure the guy will be willing to help me if I run into problems anyway, because I presume he'll be wanting his money...!

• Members

Thanks very much. Sounds simple enough. Sure the guy will be willing to help me if I run into problems anyway, because I presume he'll be wanting his money...!

lol, yeah totally:thu:

• Members

Melx,

One point is I'm pretty sure that the fee to the seller is higher because you are using a credit card. So you will encounter (mainly from non-merchants) some people who will not accept PayPal connected to a credit card, or they might have you pick up that fee. But if you are setting it up for merchant purchases, they ususally already have that factored in. Good Luck on your purchase.

• Members

Sorry, paypal newbie here and just wondering about a couple of things. I've set up an account because I want to use my credit card to pay for a couple of pedal mods. This is gonna sound real dumb, but when it comes to paying, will he request it from my account or do I have to send it to his? And seeing as I'm using credit card, does that mean I don't have to verify a bank account? Because I really can't be bothered with that! Thanks...

as far as i remember, you'll only need to register a bank account with PayPal to make withdrawals from your PayPal funds - ie. transferring money received through PayPal to your bank account; iirc you can't make withdrawals to a credit card

• Members

as far as i remember, you'll only need to register a bank account with PayPal to make withdrawals from your PayPal funds - ie. transferring money received through PayPal to your bank account; iirc you can't make withdrawals to a credit card

Thanks for the info. PM returned about the pedal...

Archived