Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe?

Hoddy

• Members

I picked up a used one last week at a GC where my friend works. I wasn't in the market for a vibe pedal, but couldn't find anything else in the store that I "needed" so I bought it.

I really like it. Even at the extreme settings, the effect is still very musical and usable. Since buying it, I've checked out clips of other more expensive vibes and for the money, they aren't really much better...if at all.

It's well built, true-bypass, and completely analog. The Intensity and Speed knobs give you a really broad range of effect. You will be in the ballpark and then some! You can pay more for a boutique vibe, but in my opinion, you'd just be spending extra cash you don't need to (and I have nothing against buying boutique pedals in general...I have a few myself).

Vibe as an effect wasn't even something I was considering adding to my rig, but this pedal is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

• Members

The trimpot has nothing to do with eq. It adjusts the oscillation effect. Voodoo Labs recommend that it is not adjusted by the user and was never intended to be. Personally, I haven't experienced much in the way of eq changes. Could effect different amps differently.

• Members

How are they? I really don't want to pay the big bucks for a boutique vibe, will the Micro Vibe get me in the ballpark of say the Trower sound?

It won't get you that Trower sound...it will get you a brighter sound that's not as deep. There are some really good sound clips of it in action on the Voodoo Labs website that are pretty representative of what it sounds like. :thu:

I had one...liked it...sold it...wish I still had it...will probably buy another one.

You may also consider the Sweet Sound MoFaux vibe...it's smaller, has one knob and is only like $125/$150...and it sounds great. It will probably get you closer to the sound you're looking for.

• Members

Had GAS for the Micro Vibe, but teh Chicken Salad ended that
:)

The sound clips I've heard are more like a phaser/vibrato combination even though the Chicken Salad is labeled "vibrato". I assume this is why it sounds more like a univibe?

• Members

a good vibe is important. voodoo labs makes a good offering. people like it. i care for less intensity and more tone through in the effect. sounds better at volume to me. i get my vibrospin through BBE soul vibe. at least try it at your local store.

the f'n salad sucks, its too early to joke about the fish n chips being the greatest fuzz pedal.

• Members

It's okay for a such a heavy effect. For how much you use it, I cringe at vibe prices generally. I sold mine. I think the guy I bought it from messed with the trimpot and {censored}ed it up some. If you have a decent tremolo and a phaser or even a chorus, and delay, you can get in the ballpark of a vibe. I see no reason for buying a vibe pedal when you can get somewhat in the ballpark with mixing together these mentioned effects.

• Members

The trim pot is for the intensity of the internal light that drives the opto-couplers. As tim egoes by the likght wears a little and you'll need to tweak it. On the sonic side of it, it's like the intensity control itself, but it controls overall depth of the vibe. I foudn that afte rabout 5 years my MicroVibe was lacking it's mojo, for lack of a better term. I contaced Voodoo Lab and they told me how to adjust it. Of note you need to adjust with the lights out, or tweak and set it on something so external light can't get into the pedal.

TheGrooveking

• Members

I had one for a long time. I absolutely loved it. I would never have sold it if I didn't get a Mojo Vibe. The Mojo Vibe is a better pedal but I'm not sure that it's 2.5 times better ;)

I would never hesitate to recommend the VL Voodoo Vibe. Great price, great size, 9 volts, great pedal.

Archived