cables looking messy cable management

Walters9515

• Members

just for my small home studio nothing special

OK, for that stuation I'd recommend the fairly tried and true method of cable management

Fart on a dead man

Now, some budget studio guys will try to force someone to drink brake fluid til they pass out and then simply fart on an unconcious guy - this is similar to putting up regular egg crate...just not effective

The fart on a deadman method is so effective, some hardcore touring gaffers will actually eat Stag chilli, with an egg and an undercooked yellow onion to get really strong effect by producing "hissers" (dense farts that are greasy enough to sort of self-lubricate the cheeks causing a hissing as opposed to the pffftt slapping sound)

Its been around a while, you may remember the expression used by British gaffers in the late 60s/early 70s "That geezer hissed a proper biscuit on a stiffie*"

meaning, of course, the rig was neat and problem free and the system was ready to go

*Note: here "stiffie" or "stiff" is slang for a corpse, in the mid 70s the Village People borrowed and reinterpreted the expression on a limited release single "I forgot my Safeword" -- after this, the term and, unfortunately, the practice, has fallen into disuse despite its proven effectiveness.

hope this info helps

Chilli up and get a hissin' !!!!

• Members

Loom tube and zip ties always works. If you're really good and the cables are the same size you can get a perfect 6 around 1 configuration and just zip tie the cables together and break them off when you need them.

12_around_1.JPEG

Imagine those bubbles as a cross section of cable, you'll have one cable in the middle and 6 around it, hence the name.

The bottom of my board is wired this way with zip ties and it looks like this.

Donebottom.jpg

DoneLeft.jpg

Archived