Looking for effect similar to pattern of human heart.

JSmalley12000

• Members

What do you want to use it for specifically? Do you just want that sound to be repeating in the background or as the intro to a song? Or do you want to play your guitar through a pedal that will effect your signal like that?

If you just want to loop that beat - use a drum machine.

• Members

I've also aspired to get heartbeats in music.

I tried to duct tape a contact mic to my chest to pickup my heartbeat for the drumbeat to my cover of Heartbeat by Wire. Problem is you have to amplify it so much that it starts feeding back. I need to get a cheap stethoscope somewhere.

I was thinking about the possibility of getting one of those things that take your pulse and having it send MIDI clock signals.

• Members

What do you want to use it for specifically? Do you just want that sound to be repeating in the background or as the intro to a song? Or do you want to play your guitar through a pedal that will effect your signal like that?

If you just want to loop that beat - use a drum machine.

Thank you all for the replies. I am not trying to create a heartbeat sound, like Pink Floyd's DSOTM for example. Instead, I am trying to find a pedal which would take the input signal, and modulate or echo it in the same signal as a human heart -- it's cyclical but not in a sinusoidal pattern. And inbetween cycles, there is virtually nothing.

I would like to play a chord (or note) and have the tremolo or delay modulate as if it was a heartbeat-type signal (like, if you saw it plotted on a graph), and NOT as a sinusoidal signal. If this makes sense. If not, don't mind me, it's very possible I don't know what I'm talking about.

• Members

Could this be possible on a zvex seek trem? I've not used one, so I'm not sure, but if you're looking for a sort of "beat beat rest beat beat rest" type trem, then I'd have thought that would be the tool to do it with.

• Members

Take the plug out of your guitar, tap on the end twice rather quick, run that signal through a Digitech Whammy set an octave down, and loop that through a digital delay with repeats set to about 700ms, feedback and level at 100%.

:idk:

Archived