good delay?

knowledge_6

• Members

Hey hey..

just bought my first guitar ; > Epi LP custom silverburst.

bought a modded Boss DS-1 pedal

looking next to buy a delay.. any suggestions?

my choice right now is the DD-3

wondering if there are any in the same price range.. dun wanna go all out right off the bat..

• Members

Hey hey..

just bought my first guitar ; > Epi LP custom silverburst.

bought a modded Boss DS-1 pedal

looking next to buy a delay.. any suggestions?

my choice right now is the DD-3

wondering if there are any in the same price range.. dun wanna go all out right off the bat..

Just bought your first guitar? I would worry more about learning to play rather than messing with effects. Just my opinion.

• Members

Either a vintage tube echoplex, or a Fulltone TTE. They're old school, and therefore, ideal for beginners. You can catch up to technology later.:D

In all seriousness, Dan Echo's can be had for under $50 used, and sound good. I don't have experience with a lot of delays, though. If you just want short delays, for spacious effects, analog is the way to go, imo. For longer delay times, digital is essential.

Dan Echo's are digital. If you'd rather have an analog, DOD FX90's sound nice, though they have a really short delay time, and usually go used in the $75 neighborhood, give or take a few bucks. The Deluxe Memory Man sounds incredible, and has longer delay times, but you're looking at around $250 on a new one, about the best you can do anywhere that I've found. I did see a used one go for $150 on here not too long ago, seems like, but that was a great deal. The Stereo Memory Man is cheaper, and the delay times aren't as long, but still has the nice analog tone going for it.

I hate to be one of those guys recommending things that I have, but I don't have a great deal of experience with much else, honestly.

Archived