BYOC 250 kit

KRAA!!

• Members

i built one, and it is great...well it meets my overdrive needs anyway.

I would suggest doing the 3way clipping diode selector switch. This lets you select what you are using for clipping diodes and is really easy to install anyway. I would suggest using 1N914 [small orange ones, they come with the kit] a pair of LEDs for another option and just leaving the third option without any clipping diodes. Giving you a near distortion sound, a light overdrive/gritty boost, and a clean boost all from one pedal.

Also if you want more versatility add a tone knob to the thing.

The pedal is a really easy build, and there is a ton of room in the case to get crazy with lots of mods, plus it is pretty cheap:thu:

• Members

Anyone build one? How does it sound compared to old MXR or DOD pedals?

I'm going to build one and put it in an old empty MXR Distortion + enclosure I got off ebay.

You won that?

I saw it and was thinkin the same thing, but I figured for as high as it was going, what's the point......

I wanted to bid......hope it turns out nice.

I've done a BYOC delay and octafuzz and all I can say is take your time and do it right.

Follow the directions slowly.

And brush up on your soddering skills if they lack.

anyhoo the kits are a great deal. I now buy the boards and outsource my parts and mod.

• Members

FWIW since you can make it into a + or a 250, make it into a 250. Much better sounding IMO.

Better in what way? Thicker? meatier? does it do laundry or give good head?

I only ask because I'm looking into getting one of these as a first time build too.:)

• Members

You won that?

I saw it and was thinkin the same thing, but I figured for as high as it was going, what's the point......

I wanted to bid......hope it turns out nice.

It was about $12 including shipping, that's not expensive.

I think I'll do the clipping diodes mod, maybe with a push/pull pot if it will fit.

Archived