Just got the Budda Wah.

• Members

Yup. Got it today. Demoed it for a few minutes. A/B'd it with my Rogue Wah/Volume. The toe-end of the Rogue isnt as shrill. The heel-end gets deeper (barely). With my RAT2 after the Budda, the bottom end of the Budda's sweep is almost non-existent.

I think I prefer the Rogue. And Im sure that statement will cause people to not respnd to this thread. O well.

WHY CANT I FIND A NICE QUALITY WAH THAT I REALLY LIKE?!?!?!?!?!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup. Got it today. Demoed it for a few minutes. A/B'd it with my Rogue Wah/Volume. The toe-end of the Rogue isnt as shrill. The heel-end gets deeper (barely). With my RAT2 after the Budda, the bottom end of the Budda's sweep is almost non-existent.

I think I prefer the Rogue. And Im sure that statement will cause people to not respnd to this thread. O well.

WHY CANT I FIND A NICE QUALITY WAH THAT I
REALLY
LIKE?!?!?!?!?!

Wah is one of the most simple effects yet one of the most frustrating as well. Sorry to hear of your displeasure with it. I bought 2 Teese wah's based upon sworn statements by peeps who say they are the best ever. Well for me I will take the Budda any day. The Area 51 and the Oreon wah's are on a my hit list. Maybe you can trade the Budda to Keith if The Mule or Sugar baby interests you. Sorry friend. New battery? Power supply?

• Members

I kinda want a wah. Does anyone know of someone who uses a wah
last
in their chain?

uhhh I dont know what you mean, some people mean last when its from the amp and some when its from the guitar

If you mean from the amp (which you probably do, cause most people put them from their guitars) SY's Thurston Moore and Mudhoney used them like that.

• Members

yeah.. i always thoguht it'd be good for controlling a wall of noise, but j mascis uses his first, and he controls noise with his. hm.

geez, some people really have different ways of thinking about this and {censored}, so you mean he runs his first from his guitar or from his amp?

• Members

geez, some people really have different ways of thinking about this and {censored}, so you mean he runs his first from his guitar or from his amp?

"From" his guitar?

I think that the other guy's "end of chain" idea meant at the end of his pedal chain. Generally, wahs are used in front of dirt. And hopefully, after the guitar.

• Members

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW.....

Its nice. :thu: Sorry Keith. I almost WANTED to hate it, just because I know how much you want one.

But I messed with it some more. I figured out that my signal wasnt soudning right because one of my George L's was {censored}ed up. As much as I love those cables, they sure can be a pain in the ass.

Anyways...here are some new board/rig pics. Nothing special.

Agile 3100>

DOD A/B (A - tuner)>

Budda>

Rogue Volume>

DE7>

Fish & Chips>

RAT2>

Nano MUFF>

FZ7>

Phase 90 (with R28/C11/C12 clip mod)>

CF7>

RC-20XL>