Damnit! I just poked a hole in my speaker!

Gremson

• Members

This really sucks. I just got my new VT cab and switched out the Celestion G12M-70's for my 50 watt Eminence. I like the eminence better. Luckily that worked out fine. I got the Eminence in the new cab and it sounds awesome.

But I had to put the celestions in my old Peavey cab so I could sell it. I got 'em all wired in and was using an electric screwdriver to put the screws in. Sure enough, one came loose off the head, and the screwdriver went right into the edge of the speaker. Nice visible hole. DAMNIT :mad:

I just took some tissue paper with some watered down elmers and patched it up. Hopefully it'll work okay.

If not though, does anyone have any suggestions? Is it even worth fixing, or should I just put it on Craigslist the way it is and sell it cheap because of the busted speaker? I was going to sell it for $150, but I don't even know what it's worth now.

Any thoughts? I'd really like some input.

-Grem

By the way,

Here's a pic of my new-ish stack.

S7000066.jpg

• Members

Is that a Serta Sheep on top of that cab? Man I want one of those.

I put a screwdriver through the edge of a brand new V30 years ago. I glued it up with clear fingernail polish. Used that cab for years and never noticed any ill effects from the torn speaker. However you're probably hosed as far as resale value.

• Members

That's Catbeast on my cab (see avatar)

I don't have the room for two 4X12 cabs, so one's gotta go. I guess I'll just put it on CL for $150, and just be honest about the one speaker. Hopefully I'll get an offer that isn't too low.

• Members

Where the {censored} do you live, Pee-Wee's Playhouse?

Haha. I take that as a compliment! Part of my house was an ad-on and that window looked out into dirt under the addition. I think it looks much cooler with the creepy heads and xmas lights.

I got offered $100 for the cab w/speakers. Do you think I should take it, or should I hold out for $150?

Archived