OT: New song if you're interested

Happy_Thom

• Members

Recorded this today it's called the neighbours are lame.

One of them complains all the time about drums and stuff and interrupted us.

Pretty happy with the sound but as always recorded with 1 mic in the bass drum and 1 propped up in the corner :) Cool edit pro and a bit of cubase for multi band compression.

Used a tuna melt for the intro, into laney AOR 50 II head for dist.

www.myspace.com/fsota

Hate to clutter the forum but some people seemed interested before!

• Members

Since you posted this in a public place, I'm gonna pick a little.

The drummer needs to settle his ass down in the slow parts (I'm especially thinking about the beginning). Also, there wasn't much melody for most of the song. There were plenty of chords (and nice ones too), but not much melody. Instrumentals need that (I guess songs with lyrics need it too).

Anyway, the guitar playing was all very nice. Good job on that.

My two cents, for what they're worth,
Aaron

• Members

Thanks for the replies!

The end bit is super fun to play I'm not a metal dude but it's nice to be like 'ah {censored} it I don't care about being in a genre!' The other dudes appreciate it because they were in a horrible punk metal band last....

What is melody anyway? I don't get music theory at all. Is it just like tunefulness? Like we have more melody than say slayer but green day have more melody than us.

• Members

Thanks for the replies!

The end bit is super fun to play I'm not a metal dude but it's nice to be like 'ah {censored} it I don't care about being in a genre!' The other dudes appreciate it because they were in a horrible punk metal band last....

What is melody anyway? I don't get music theory at all. Is it just like tunefulness? Like we have more melody than say slayer but green day have more melody than us.

Melody is the part that you would hum, or a lead singer would sing. A melody can always be played with single notes (it can also be played in chords, usually).

Archived