Caspian - The Four Trees

JoshuaLogan

• Members

just saw this band last thursday from a show my friend set up here in town. amazing presence live, and their tone was flawless. every member was running an ernie ball volume pedal at the end of their chain and their overall sound was equalized perfectly.

as far as pedalboards, one of the guitarists [phil] had the same board pictured above, but with a ehx metal muff in place of the sparkle drive. i don't think the boss reverb was there either, but i can't remember.

the other guitarist had a dl4, holy grail, tu2, marshall shredmaster, ts9, rc-20xl and possibly another pedal which i'm not remembering.

cool guys, stayed at my friend's place. we all sat around listening to vinyl and partaking in organic inspiration. 'twas a good time.

• Members

had the same board pictured above, but with a ehx metal muff in place of the sparkle drive. i don't think the boss reverb was there either, but i can't remember.

the other guitarist had a dl4, holy grail, tu2, marshall shredmaster, ts9, rc-20xl and possibly another pedal which i'm not remembering.

cool guys, stayed at my friend's place. we all sat around listening to vinyl and partaking in organic inspiration. 'twas a good time.

lol if I'm ever anywhere near you, you should invite me over for some organic inspiration :p

• 2 months later...
  • Members

had the same board pictured above, but with a ehx metal muff in place of the sparkle drive. i don't think the boss reverb was there either, but i can't remember.

Old thread, but that it awesome.

Four Trees is one of my favourite albums this year!

• Members

We've toured with Caspian quite a bit and love everything they do. They're one of our favorite bands to hang out with. super nice guys.

The Four Trees album sounds great, but really doesn't compare to their live stuff.

The guys tear masonry from structures when they punch the gas. Don't get within 8 feet of Phil while he's in the zone, you'll most likely get clocked in the head with his guitar. He flails like a madman. Since he's 6' 5, it looks like one of those air-filled tube men that whips about in front of car dealerships.

They're headed to Europe in the spring, and we're doing all we can to save up and go with.

If you like post-rock, do all you can to support these guys. they're amazing and they work hard.

• Members

I played on a bill with them this year (first show with the new band), and with another local instrumental band Tulsa Drone. In fact I think I had seen them about a year earlier on one of their first shows (or tours) when they came through Richmond. They seem like some of the nicest guys we met, and seem so incredibly hard working -- I mean the difference between the 2 shows was night and day. The sounded great for both, but the sound was soooo much more defined, and more importantly, the arrangements were top notch. And sure it was face melting loud, but it made it a more physcial/emotional experience, vs. loud for loud sake. And there were people there specifically to see them this time around, which is a great accomplishment in such a short time for an out of town band.

They seem to tour constantly and it shows. Just great stuff

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Also - see if you can find their EP which has the song Cigarette

Edit:

n9110956325651636983ct2.jpg

Phil's pedal board:

Two DL-4's, Sparkle Drive, DD-20, Boss EQ, Holy Grail etc...

You mean RC-20, but that's probably a DD-6.

PS - where are they playin' in the Bean? I'm going to a show at the Foundation Room in the House of Blues tonight.

Archived