Boss RV-3 manual? Post your settings here!

willburford

• Members

Yeah so I got my boss rv-3 yesterday and it's awesome, but I can't seem to find the manual online. If anyone could help me out, that'd be great.

Also, post your favorite settings. I thought it might be enjoyable to see how everyone uses this pedal, as it's a very versatile pedal. I'll post some as soon as I get the chance to play with it some more.

• Members

http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/RV-3_OM.pdf

I rarely use mine as a straight delay (DD-20 & PS-3 do that)

I use modes 6/7 as they have the deepest reverb with delay, but I only put the level at about 8-10 o'clock, repeats 12, time to taste, generally 11-2 o'clock. You only get up to 1 sec with the delay & reverb mode.

mode 10 is the biggest reverb setting... try fully wet mix, tone about 12 and duration max. Float away...

• Members

Thanks for the manual, claffman.

Oohh I'm excited to try out that 'reverse reverb'. Thanks fender.

Turn up the tone knob? :eek: I generally like it at 10 -2 o'clock.

Yeah, there are some great sounds when you crank the balance knob.

I got a nice airbag interlude delay with mode 4

balance-2 oclock

feedback-11 oclock

d. time- 10 oclock

Also I really like either mode 9 or mode 11 with these settings

balance-2 oclock

tone-10 oclock

feedback-1 oclock

• Members

I had to pay with money order, as the seller doesnt have paypal, and I had to have it because of the $50 shipped price tag.

Kevin, I dub thee: RV-3 Whore.
:D
I hope its as good as youve been saying. Otherwise, Ill have to make you buy it for $42 Brillon.

:poke::poke::poke: i take you challenge sir, and see your 50 dollar rv-3 with my 30 dollar one..ehh!!:poke::poke::poke:

• Members

Hmm...

I've found that on hall/plate settings with the rev. time knob all the way up, if I play anything then my speaker starts making this fast, low rumbling sound. It gets progressively louder until my speaker itself is pumping back and forth and only stops when I turn the rev. time knob down. Anyone else have this happen to them? Know what the problem is, etc.?

• Members

Hmm...

I've found that on hall/plate settings with the rev. time knob all the way up, if I play anything then my speaker starts making this fast, low rumbling sound. It gets progressively louder until my speaker itself is pumping back and forth and only stops when I turn the rev. time knob down. Anyone else have this happen to them? Know what the problem is, etc.?

Just lower each setting a *little* bit. My RV-2 AND the Verbzilla both did this if I was loading it with delay and whatnot. Even after the delay was off.

• Members

Hmm well your tip, overwhelmed, helped a little bit, but didn't fix the problem. Sometimes I wouldn't even play anything and if the reverb time + balance knob were cranked then it would start the rumbling. Perhaps it's my amp...? 1 x 12 no good? Perhaps if I add a 2 x 12 extension cab(which I've been wanting to do for a really long time... kind of like how i've been wanting a pedalboard for a long time...and a telecaster...)

Archived