Vibrato on Teenage Fanclub's "Time Stops"

zacheryhunter

• Members

I've been trying to figure out exactly what the vibrato sound on the solo in this song is. It's a fast, strong, but also steady pitch bend and sounds like the guitar player is doing it with his fingers. But it might be a pedal because it's at such a steady tempo, maybe a vb-2? If you haven't heard the song (from Man-Made), give it a listen and chime in with your thoughts/opinions.

• Members

yeah, I know it....at the end of the song yeah?

hang on......*goes to put the cd on

ummm...yeah it's wierd, kinda sounds a bit like a tremolo arm on a guitar.

I have no idea what it is though....I remember reading an article/interview in 'Guitarist' when they were touring man-made and thier live FX were very simple these days, drives, boosts and not a lot else...It could have been something they just decided to do in the studio..in which case I guess it could be anything...rack effects or whatever.

• Members

I know there are a few songs that have a chorus on at least one of the guitars. Going by the sound on the album and what they used live recently- Vox & Fender amps, Gibson and Fender for guitars (mostly Marshalls for the recent Bandwagonesque gigs.) I can't find a youtube clip or a website with a free download or streaming version, damn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived