volume pedal impedance and signal chain.

ninjaaron

• Members

I recently got this 25k EB Volume Pedal. I understand that a low impedance pedal like this is not supposed to be placed directly after the guitar. At present, I have it placed in the Loop, however, my rig will be changing soon, and I may not have an effects loop. This is mostly ok, because I've started using pedals for all my dirt anyway.

The question is this: how will the volume pedal sound if it is placed after the distortion and modulation pedals if there is no loop? Will the low impedance mess things up when the distortion is off?

• Members

I recently got this 25k EB Volume Pedal. I understand that a low impedance pedal like this is not supposed to be placed directly after the guitar. At present, I have it placed in the Loop, however, my rig will be changing soon, and I may not have an effects loop. This is mostly ok, because I've started using pedals for all my dirt anyway.

The question is this: how will the volume pedal sound if it is placed after the distortion and modulation pedals if there is no loop? Will the low impedance mess things up when the distortion is off?

You may not get full on/off (toe forward or a weird travel issues with it like half up may be all the way on for the most part) You'd be better off getting rid of it and getting a Hi-Z volume pedal, for the new rig. The Hi-Z pedal will be closer to 250k, and will give you a way smoother, and even throw from heel to toe.

• Members

The effects loop is only one application the 25 k volume pedal was designed for. It will work equally well in all situations when it is fed with a low impedance signal (the effects loop being only one of these situations). Just have it placed after a buffered effect and it will work fine. The idea is to have before it at least one effect sending a low impedance signal. You can put it right after a Boss pedal, a TU-2, for example.

• Members

The effects loop is only one application the 25 k volume pedal was designed for. It will work equally well in all situations when it is fed with a low impedance signal (the effects loop being only one of these situations). Just have it placed after a buffered effect and it will work fine. The idea is to have before it at least one effect sending a low impedance signal. You can put it right after a Boss pedal, a TU-2, for example.

I always run it after a Boss Harmonizer, but it's not always on, so how is that? Does it have to be on?

Archived