The Official Boss PN-2 Lounge

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

Has anyone experimented much with using both the stereo inputs and the stereo outputs? What are some unconventional ways to use stereo panning? I'm trying to figure out ways of combining it with my SMMH.

Related Threads:

Boss PN-2 panning

Boss PN-2... is the hype legit?

The Boss PN-2

Boss PN-2 Question....

Something interesting with the Boss PN-2 (a few clips of it and others)

Ticking from Boss PN-2

Google Search

Related Links:

http://filters.muziq.be/model/boss/compact/pn2

http://guitargeek.com/gearview/17/

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Boss/PN-2+Tremolo%2FPan/10/1

PN2.jpg

• Members

I had that problem too, but then I realized that it was a daisy chain problem. Once I recofigured my power setup, it went away.

Doh!!!:freak:

Ahh just kiddin, I was using batteries at the time so I don't know if that was the problem with mine. I think it had more to do with the overdrive I had before it. I wanted that sound and found the ticking unacceptable. I've got a TR-2 now that doesn't seem prone to the same issue.

• Members

one time I tried plugging two guitars and two amps into the PN-2... with my friend playing at the same time as me... it was just weird.... The best thing to do with this beast is trippy rhythmic bouncing around stuff wit two amps.

my band doesn't have the patience for my experiments, and I've got my PN-2 for sale/trade right now.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Has anyone experimented much with using both the stereo inputs and the stereo outputs?

My Mrs has it setup using both the stereo inputs & outputs from the DC-2, RV-5, DD-20, RE-20, to the PN-2, then to both her amps.

It sounds very ambient. I love the sound of it, especially when I ran it through my DRRI and AC-15.

100_0301.jpg

• Members

:thu:

go from output a to input b, then go from output b to amp or next pedal and the ticking is gone and you get a stronger tremolo sound... I remember I had someone fix mine up once as it had gone to shreads over the years and he claimed that the ticking was a capacitor issue... not sure bout that but try as above and it's gone for good well as stronger trem.

Also used to send it to 2 seperate inputs on my amps and it sounded pretty nice.

• Members

One of the few pedals I have regretted selling. Sweet sounding tremolo. The stereo panning and flashing led were great features and the subsequent TR2 was a step backwards for boss.

The ticking is remedied if placed after a buffer, but was the pedals' ultimate flaw.

:)

• 5 months later...

Archived