looper help

gusvolta

• Members

hey, i'm looking for a looper so i can practice by myself, sometimes my band doesnt practice for 1, or 2 weeks, and i feel like i need to listen to a rythm guitar so i can do a solo or something over it... anyways a loop station should take care of that.. but should i get the boss RC-2, or the boss RC-20XL?? or is there another cool one? i just want it to do the basic stuff, like recording and being able to play it :D, so is the rc20xl too much? or would i be stupid to get the rc2 and not the rc20xl?? i can spend anything i want, but i dont wanna spend more than 400, or maybe i should get the boss DD20, isnt it also a looper? plus i'd get a nice delay, i have the dd3, which is good i guess, it does what i want it to do, so what should i do?

• Members

For your purposes, it doesn't seem like you need much, so I would think the Boss RC-2, DD-20 or Akai Headrush would be good contenders.

The RC-20XL and Jam Man have some extras that are nice, but it all depends on if you want to save loops after powering off, if you want to start/stop them, and how much looping time you need.

I assume things like reverse and guide drums aren't all that necessary for you?

• Members

For your purposes, it doesn't seem like you need much, so I would think the Boss RC-2, DD-20 or Akai Headrush would be good contenders.

The RC-20XL and Jam Man have some extras that are nice, but it all depends on if you want to save loops after powering off, if you want to start/stop them, and how much looping time you need.

I assume things like reverse and guide drums aren't all that necessary for you?

well yeah those things aren't really necessary but i guess it would be cool features to have. wait i cant stop and then start a loop with the RC-2? also i just saw that with the dd20 you can only record 23 seconds? {censored} that, but it isnt a looper, it just has that little function, so... and from the digitech jam man and boss RC-20XL, which one would you buy?

• Members

well yeah those things aren't really necessary but i guess it would be cool features to have. wait i cant stop and then start a loop with the RC-2? also i just saw that with the dd20 you can only record 23 seconds? {censored} that, but it isnt a looper, it just has that little function, so... and from the digitech jam man and boss RC-20XL, which one would you buy?

I looked at both. I bought the JamMan on eBay brand new for less than the RC-20XL. A friend heard it, played with it, and sold his RC-20XL to buy the JamMan. YMMV.

• Members

You can definitely start and stop with the RC-2. The DD-20 is the only one that you can't. If you can, I'd try as many as you can before buying, since loopers are one of the things where how you use it is so important, but in terms of specs, it looks like the Jam Man might edge out the others.

• Members

yeah i think i'm just getting obsessed over something i will only use for practicing when i'm not practicing with my band, but still... having all those features must be great... oh man...

I love the RC-2. Plus, you can connect one or two momentary footswitches to it (using a stereo to dual mono cable for 2) and have most of the functionality of the rc-20xl. You just lose the mic input.

• Members

{censored} it, i'll get the RC-20XL, if i find myself not using any of the extra features, i'll sell it and get the RC-2, or if i feel i need a little extra, i'll just get the JamMan,

thanks guys

Sounds good. Also, the XL has reverse loop capability, which the RC-2 does not, as well as a preamp which seems to be more of a divided like-dislike feature.

• Members

I love the RC-2. Plus, you can connect one or two momentary footswitches to it (using a stereo to dual mono cable for 2) and
have most of the functionality of the rc-20xl
. You just lose the mic input.

wait... this is even better, and i dont even sing, so this might be the best way to go =D

• Members

you know there was a reason why i made the "looper comparison chart" :rolleyes:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=246131&d=1191181323

the XL stands for extra long i believe, because the previous version the RC-20 has short loop length.

The XL has very little features more than the RC-2 which is half the size, which is why I bought the RC-2 and have never regret it once.

• Members
you know there was a reason why i made the "looper comparison chart"
:rolleyes:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=246131&d=1191181323

the XL stands for extra long i believe, because the previous version the RC-20 has short loop length.

The XL has very little features more than the RC-2 which is half the size, which is why I bought the RC-2 and have never regret it once.

I missed this the first time:confused:Nice work!

• Members
you know there was a reason why i made the "looper comparison chart"
:rolleyes:

=O oh man thanks a lot!!! this is very, very nice work btw.
i love you :D

• Members

i have an RC-2 that just bit the dust. Bought it on Ebay, so Boss won't fix it. I've read about other people online with the same problem. I'd stay away from it unless you buy it new so you get the warranty (keep your receipt!) or unless you want a $170 paperweight.

Archived