Power Supply Question for UKers

Lanefair

• Members

I've got a 3 plug extension lead on my pedalboard, and I use one of them to plug in a DC brick. I want to use the other two for single adapters so I can have more than 7 pedals on the go, and hopefully crush some noise in my fx loop.

So, can anyone recommend a psu that is small, intended for powering 1 pedal only, and doesn't come with different plugs etc, just a plain old 9v adapter, but prefereably not a big name expensive one?

Cheers.

• Members

It'll set you back more to start with, but I'd tend to agree with Astatine that a One Spot might be a good option. It will power one pedal no problem, but gives you the option to daisy chain several pedals quietly that you won't get from a cheaper adaptor, and you can always buy or build any extra adaptors you need as and when you need them.

• Members

i'd always recommend against cheap power supplies. the voodoo labs PP2 is by far the best psu i've ever used. you dont realise how much noise is added by cheapo psu until you use a good one.

if your going to use the same psu for pedals before the amp and in the fx loop, you need to get a psu without tied grounds, again like the PP2.

sorry, i know its not really what you asked about, just throwing my coppers in.

• Members

i'd always recommend against cheap power supplies. the voodoo labs PP2 is by far the best psu i've ever used. you dont realise how much noise is added by cheapo psu until you use a good one.

if your going to use the same psu for pedals before the amp and in the fx loop, you need to get a psu without tied grounds, again like the PP2.

sorry, i know its not really what you asked about, just throwing my coppers in.

My DC brick does a great, silent job on my board. But I've recently been relying on a battery for my LBM or nano stone, along with an extra Roland adapter that's coming apart. I don't really want two multiadapters on there, but I might as well use the two spare plugholes. That way the stuff in my loop can all be powered seperatly.

• Members

Diego is good, one of my mates has one, very quiet, small.

I just use old 9v power supplies that I found kicking about, and an 18 V one as well - I just added a 1000Uf filter cap to the normal 9v ones and a 9v regulator and two 1000Uf caps to the 18V one. Ultra clean, ultra cheap.

• Members
Link for the UK 1 spot or it doesn't exist.

Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience is the UK dealer I knew about, but this is what their website says:

Please note, Visual Sound are currently changing suppliers and as a result, current stock levels are low. All Visual Sound products currently listed on the site are in stock, unless stated otherwise.

New stock estimated November 2007

Any queries, please contact us for more info.

:(

According to Visual Sound's website, their UK distributor is a company called Rocky Road, but they don't list a website.

Archived