Electro Harmonix LPB 2ube

Gourd of Ashes

• Members

Anybody else around here dig this pedal? I just wanted to give it some props...it is a killer slight overdrive pedal and great tube buffer. It just doesn't seem to get much love.

Also, it's awesome for running in front of a modeller or recording direct on the computer. It doesn't alter the eq...it simply beefs up the tone and warms up it. It gives a nice tubey response.

• Members

i love mine,

you can set it up for anything from a really full souning clean boost to a nice crunchy overdrive,

i have never turned mine off since getting it,

right now ive got it set it up so im going into the right channel then into the left then into my amp, helps get a really thick sound,

• Members

It does get a lot of love around here. :freak:

Most of the guys here on HCFX speak very highly of them.

I still need a very, VERY slight OD, so I'll be picking one up sometime as well. They seem to have a ton of applications aside from just that though. :thu:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Not many people around here have any experience with it, from what I've seen. In general, I love the EHX tube pedals. I've tried all of them except the LPB 2ube, the Mic Pre, and the the English Muff'n. The only one I let go of was the Tube EQ. It was a cool pedal, but I needed the $, and I preferred using my vintage 10 Band Graphic EQs.

Let us know what you think of it.

• Members

Also, it's awesome for running in front of a modeller or recording direct on the computer. It doesn't alter the eq...it simply beefs up the tone and warms up it. It gives a nice tubey response.

Great. I just read some reviews and now I want one.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Hey,

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger and get the 2ube. It would go with the 4CM setup I have with the RP1000 and the JC120.

I know that a lot of folks put the 2ube just before the power amp. But with 4CM, how about this...

guitar > MFX in > MFX out to JC guitar in > JC preamp out > 2ube > MFX return from preamp > MFX send to JC power amp

That way, the 2ube would be pushed by the RP1000 compressors + distortion models and the JC's preamp. And then the 2ube would feed the RP1000's modulated FX and then reverb. Then it all goes to the power amp.

Anybody try the 2ube with 4CM?

Later,

-- Joe

Archived