Carl Martin Surf Trem / fender amp trem in a pedal?

gambit

• Members

has anyone got any opinions on this pedal? the reviews seem good, and i'm mightily tempted. especially since the red repeat from the same series is a great sounding delay (i'm pretty sure i'll be getting that one soon)

i guess i'm looking for that old fender amp trem, even though i've never heard it in the flesh, thats what people compare it to. is it a fair comparison?

i'm selling my dunlop TS-1 since it seems to excell at hard choppy stuff more than vintage wobble.. do you think that's wise?

can anyone give a clear example of fender trem and vox trem? what songs have which? or does anyone have clips?

• Members

has anyone got any opinions on this pedal? the reviews seem good, and i'm mightily tempted..

i guess i'm looking for that old fender amp trem, even though i've never heard it in the flesh, thats what people compare it to. is it a fair comparison?

i'm selling my dunlop TS-1 since it seems to excell at hard choppy stuff more than vintage wobble.. do you think that's wise?

can anyone give a clear example of fender trem and vox trem? what songs have which? or does anyone have clips?

For Fender Trem I always think of The Doors. Mabye a ToneFactor Sugar Baby?

• Members

Well yeah, I dont know if it coult go really choppy but i dont think so, its only sine wave methinks. anyways it sounds great and really fender-y.

Ohh yeah, get the Red Repeat its {censored}ing cool

Well, I found this soundclick page on the CM forum when i was gonna get my Red Repeat, there's various clips and theres some Surf Trem clips...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=415328

just look for it in there.

For that price, i'd go for it.

• Members

Yes, I have used it it before and compared to the deluxe Reverb trem , its quite a bit better. Very beautiful, smooth sounding trem and all settings on the knobs work. Solid build and great bypass, I didnt feel any volume changes.

Will get choppy upto a certain limit, but not square wave choppy.

• Members

Well yeah, I dont know if it coult go really choppy but i dont think so, its only sine wave methinks. anyways it sounds great and really fender-y.

Ohh yeah, get the Red Repeat its {censored}ing cool

Well, I found this soundclick page on the CM forum when i was gonna get my Red Repeat, there's various clips and theres some Surf Trem clips...

just look for it in there.

For that price, i'd go for it.

cool, thanks for the link. the surf trem sounds cool.. would be nice to know where the depth is set on it - is it like depth on full = some original signal still passes through?

if i could afford to keep the TS-1 for square wave chops, i would, but i think i have more use for the old school triangle wave trem, so i don't mind leaving the helicopter sounds behind.

the surf trem has a nice throb to it.

• Members

^ I have no idea what the settings are, the guy doesn't describe them... Just ask for them on the CM forum maybe?

I need to try one out, CM effects are really good and superb sounding for the price. I've been having some problems with my power plug on my red repeat. It just dies and can't take any addapter that I give it. Seems to have stopped now for a few days.

• Members

first of all, it's a heavenly sounding tremolo. if you are looking for a warm, amp-like tremolo, then i'm pretty sure you'd be happy with surf trem. i used to own one, and really liked it.

i don't think it's true bypass, but it's very quiet whether it's engaged or bypassed. i guess the bypass switch is not the quietest in the world (it pops slightly louder than the other true bypass pedals i have used so far), but sound-wise it's a damn fine pedal in my opinion.

Archived