Just purchased a Wah Pedal, and have a ?

nismovoltron

• Members

I guess you could call me a NEWBIE on guitar effects and everything about them. Today I purchased a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah and my main question is, that is there anything wrong with just plugging two basic guitar chords from the guitar to the wah to the amp? I'm not damaging anything by doing this? No special wires or whatever I should be using? Thanks everyone.

• Members

No problem at all. The only time different types of cables come into play with guitar stuff, is when you're connecting an amplifier to a speaker cabinet. Amplifier cables are different than instrument cables, which are what's used to connect guitars, pedals, and amps together.

Welcome aboard!

• Members

A wah really doesn't drain the battery much. I've left mine plugged in accidentally for days on end and it still has the same battery in it. But you probably don't want to leave it plugged in. Also, make sure you plug it in the right way.

Now you're going to need an overdrive, distortion, fuzz, chorus, phase, flange, and delay. It never stops...

• Members

A wah really doesn't drain the battery much. I've left mine plugged in accidentally for days on end and it still has the same battery in it. But you probably don't want to leave it plugged in. Also, make sure you plug it in the right way.

Now you're going to need an overdrive, distortion, fuzz, chorus, phase, flange, and delay. It never stops...

LOL:cop:

• Members
I bought a Crybaby just a week ago, and now look what's happened!!!

PEDALS102907.jpg
:D

(they're right you know, it never stops....)

Please tell me - is thayt Micro Gyatone delay is that good? :poke:
I have a micro tuner actually that I like

• Members

The MD3 has been on my board for about 4 years now since I bought it new.
Nice pristine delay, no "analog warmth" to hide behind.
Over the years I've had 2 Bosses, an Ibanez DDL10 (I think?) a Dan Echo, and most recently a Digidelay.
Once I tried the MD3 I was hooked.
Does a good reverb in the medium setting too.

Archived