OT: best active studio monitors for a reasonable price?

Jacek

Define "reasonable price" please. :)

I have a pair of ADAM Audio S3-A's They're over five big ones a pair. IMO, that's a very reasonable (although far from insignificant) price, considering how good they are.

They can have them when they pry them from my cold, dead ears. :)

Too expensive? Nothing for a grand or less touches the ADAM A7's. At a grand a pair, they aren't exactly inexpensive, but OTOH, I'd rather spend a grand and be done with it and know I had a pair of GREAT speakers - accurate, pleasant to listen to and that translate to other playback systems extremely well - than to "make due" with problem speakers that I have to fight with to hear the details, or that don't translate as well, or that I have to sell (at a financial loss) in order to buy something better...

Next to your ears, the speakers you listen to are probably THE single most important tool in your entire studio. You make every decision, you evaluate every other piece of gear and every performance, every mic placement... on what those speakers are telling you.

IMHO, it's not a good idea to skimp on such an important item. :)

I guess the ADAM A7 would be the closest one available from MF?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tor?sku=605050

I didn't see the S3-As there...

I don't believe they sell '3's. Here's someone who does.

To quote Ferris Bueller, "...if you have the means, I highly recommend picking some up." ;) Seriously, the A7's are great, but the 3's kick ass and take names, and they get my highest recommendation. :phil:

Archived