What's your favorite ABBA song?

melx

• Members

Awesome, Melx! I didn't know you were a closet ABBA fan :confused:

I've been listening to ABBA since I was about 6 :love: My older sister introduced me, and I had an unhealthy fixation for Agnatha and Freda at a young age.

I agree on S.O.S., Take a Chance on Me, and Dancing Queen; but I've always loved this one. It's also Agnatha's favorite:

[YOUTUBE]eJd2dwKNRM4[/YOUTUBE]

This is another favorite:

[YOUTUBE]YIETc5GiNNc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Awesome, Melx! I didn't know you were a closet ABBA fan
:confused:

hahaha, I'm not what I would call a fan, but yeah they remind me of being a kid and happy times.. hearing all those songs on the radio...and even when you are a garage grunger rocker, you can't deny that they wrote fabulous songs, amazing melodies, great chord stuctures etc..... I've nicked loads of cool chord changes from ABBA songs!! :)

• Members

hahaha, I'm not what I would call a fan, but yeah they remind me of being a kid and happy times.. hearing all those songs on the radio...and even when you are a garage grunger rocker, you can't deny that they wrote fabulous songs, amazing melodies, great chord stuctures etc..... I've nicked loads of cool chord changes from ABBA songs!!
:)

Totally. I don't put ABBA on the platter that often, but occasionally. Since my wife grew up in France, there are only a handful of nostalgia bands that we have in common, like ABBA, A-ha, Queen, Duran Duran, Donna Summer, and INXS. I'm a sucker for a great melody/harmony and chord structure, even if it's blatant cheese pop.

• Members
I've always wondered if that's an EHX MicroSynth at the beginning. I can get that exact sound on mine.

Great dancing
:lol:

really? wow cool..you should use that sound on your 'project' everyone would be going 'I know that sound from somewhere'

have you heard Ash's version of 'does your mother know?' it's great, it was on a b-side.....probably Kung fu or one from around that period.

• Members
really? wow cool..you should use that sound on your 'project' everyone would be going 'I know that sound from somewhere'

have you heard Ash's version of 'does your mother know?' it's great, it was on a b-side.....probably Kung fu or one from around that period.

No, I haven't even heard of Ash :confused: Do you have a link?

• Members

if you can't appreciate abba then i can't appreciate you. i was gonna post 'does your mother know' but i'll do this one instead
[YOUTUBE]wKDdaVRNGwE[/YOUTUBE]

so sad! but it always makes me laugh when they turn around to look at the camera:)

Archived