Deal or No Deal?

Crxsh

• Members

Yeah... I've got a DL4 on the way, so this DD-5 is useless... I figured I'd try something new. Never used a Whammy... relatively unfamiliar with what it does really... but it's a new toy, something different.

You don't think it was a good deal?

• Members

Maybe not exactly the deal I thought it was, but whatever. I don't need a single delay stomp box when I'll have my DL4 (hopefully today!).

Sure, the DD-5 is sorta rare, but really, these Whammy's go for at least $150 on eBay and sell all the time... I couldn't get $100 for the DD-5 and I've had it up for a couple weeks.

No matter. He's happy. I'm happy. It's all good.

I should mention that I got the DD-5 in a trade for Special Edition Crybaby... so I didn't really lose out on much. I tried the DD-5 for like, 10 minutes and decided to buy a DL4. I want looping capability and different delay styles, which the DD-5 doesn't have. I mean, essentially, I traded a Crybaby for a Whammy. That's a good deal.

• Members

Well... semi-rare and out of production or not, I had the DD-5 listed HERE for a week... not a whole lot happened.

Had it in the Effects SPAM, the Electric Guitar SPAM and on the FOR SALE threads. Started at $120, eventually lowered to $110. Nothing as far as cash....one bite from a guy who wanted to trade me a heap of gear I'd never use.

So this guy offers me a Whammy. I check eBay ... several going for right at $150. I say, "let's go."

Eh... no biggie. I'll enjoy it. And if I don't, I'll sell or trade it off. Good to know that most of you wouldn't have done it though.

Archived