Coming to a pedalboard near you...OceanEFX

OceanEFX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, unless you're zvex, catalinbread, etc. you have to put up with different rules. :eek:

nothing against those guys, but it seems that they get treated a hell of a lot differently than anyone starting out.

you'd think that for people interested in effects, there'd be excitement towards new stuff, but you're either 'in' or you ain't!

by the way, nice website!

• Members

What are the effects based off of? i.e. is the compressor a ross/dyna comp type circuit? The trem a EA type circuit?....ect.

Yeah - the Comp Box is basically a modded Ross...and the trem is sort of a combination of different ideas, with the main ingredients being silicon transistors - not unlike an EA circuit. Low noise and sparkly clean was the goal for me with my trem. The other pedal of mine that is a "clone" would be the Double Trouble - a modified TS circuit.

• Members

yeah, unless you're zvex, catalinbread, etc. you have to put up with different rules.
:eek:

nothing against those guys, but it seems that they get treated a hell of a lot differently than anyone starting out.

you'd think that for people interested in effects, there'd be excitement towards new stuff, but you're either 'in' or you ain't!

Thanks a bunch - and you're right but sometimes people get the wrong idea with a new kid on the block...but what it all boils down to is how good your product is. I think mine can hold their own!

• Members
yeah, unless you're zvex, catalinbread, etc. you have to put up with different rules.
:eek:

def a nice website man. cool. :cool:

but with all due respect, i don't think there are double standards towards more popular builders. they're not 'in', they're established.

there have been several cases over the years of new guys showing up out of nowhere, spamming, and never being heard from again, taking people's money. obviously i'm NOT saying that's the case here, but to compare CB or Zvex to a brand new member is kinda pickles and peanuts; same shape, different size ya know?

• Members

def a nice website man. cool.
:cool:

but with all due respect, i don't think there are double standards towards more popular builders. they're not 'in', they're established.

there have been several cases over the years of new guys showing up out of nowhere, spamming, and never being heard from again, taking people's money. obviously i'm NOT saying that's the case here, but to compare CB or Zvex to a brand new member is kinda pickles and peanuts; same shape, different size ya know?

I hear you - and I can understand some people's concern. It's unfortunate that some guys come out of nowhere and "take your money" like you mention, but those guys aren't trying to promote an honest business and support a family in the process. I'm simply letting people know I'm in the game and hopefully they'll keep me in mind if they want a well made, great sounding box. Hey - if you want to get established, you can't wait around for people to find your needle in the haystack...

Peace

• Members

Nice website. Cool sounding pedals - they look pretty good too :thu:

Been looking for a trem pedal - might have to get me one of those.

Oh, and welcome to the board! I don't care if what you are doing is considered spam by some people. I just love to see new and exciting pedals.

• Members
Care to send some out for an in-depth review?
:)

I've been asked that same question quite a bit lately...I wish I could, but with a new business it sure is tough. I sure could use the reviews though! I'll see what I can do...thanks for checking out my stuff.

• Members

hey, just noticed this at TGP...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=317676

nice review! congratulations!

also, finally someone has placed the jacks on the top of a small enclosure! finally!!

:thu:

tremaliciousfront.jpg

Thanks! It's funny though...for every guy who thanks me for putting them on top, someone asks if I'll build a custom with the jacks side mounted. Guess you can't please 'em all...

Thanks again!

• Members
I've been asked that same question quite a bit lately...I wish I could, but with a new business it sure is tough. I sure could use the reviews though! I'll see what I can do...thanks for checking out my stuff.

try a tour box. 1 of each of your pedals in a box. a list of 5-10 members. each keeps it for 2-3 days, then passes it on to the next person on the list. everyone ships usps priority mail w/ delivery confirmation or insurance. :thu:

i'd like to be on the list if you decide to do this. i'm in cambridge, ma.

• Members

try a tour box. 1 of each of your pedals in a box. a list of 5-10 members. each keeps it for 2-3 days, then passes it on to the next person on the list. everyone ships usps priority mail w/ delivery confirmation or insurance.
:thu:

i'd like to be on the list if you decide to do this. i'm in cambridge, ma.

I hope I can do this soon, curehardy. And I'll definitely put you first on the list...the trick is getting the demos all ready to ship out at once! Right now, as soon as I finish a pedal, it goes out to a customer. Hopefully I'll catch up enough to take you up on your offer...

Archived