Line 6 PODxt Live

matt_burik

• Members

I just bought a new effects pedal (pod live) and I'm about to test it. Does anyone have any insight/review they can lend? Also, it looks like there was an original spring on the pedal to kick back, but now there is nothing there, anyone know if that's normal? I'm using a Gibson 92' custom les paul and a Fender '83 Twin Reverb. Anyone have a similar setup that can offer they're preferred settings?

• Members

I use a pod xt a lot and it really compliments my amps well.

First thing i'd recommend is to try it out front of the amp, but set it to studio-direct mode. I seem to get the best less fizzy sound with it that way. This way it still uses the characteristics of my amp to shape to tone as well as the modulation on the patches.

I personally don't like the wah thats with the pod and use an external one. Not to mention I find the "button" to switch the pedal from volume to wah is really tough to depress in comparison to regular pedals. I pretty much have to stand straight on it and jump to get it to turn on....maybe i just need to gain some weight.

Anyway, there are a lot of solid patches made by people out there. Take your time and find the ones that sound right for you.

Also, I tend to have to turn down the gain on all the patches I DL for some reason people seem to put them crazy high which is squeal city.

• Members

I personally don't like the wah thats with the pod and use an external one. Not to mention I find the "button" to switch the pedal from volume to wah is really tough to depress in comparison to regular pedals. I pretty much have to stand straight on it and jump to get it to turn on....maybe i just need to gain some weight.

+1.

W/ the updates, there's like 5 or 6 different wahs to choose from, and I don't hear much of a difference. I've modded a few Original Crybabys and I'm in the process of putting the BYOC Wah PCB in my Crybaby (I'm just waiting on a transistor). There's a definite difference in the mods I've done, but I can't tell much of one in the POD. The POD's is decent, but not great. And you do really have to step down on it to get it engaged. Nothing too hard (but I may be more of a fatty than Weetbabydezuz.

I use my XTL for recording only, but I've read some good things about it for live use. If you like your amp's tone, then definitely turn off the POD's amp modelling and just use the effects.

• Members

Thanks everyone! You have all been a big help. I'll have to lay down the truth here though. I'm a super newb when it comes to electric so please be patient with me. I'll see if I can find the lin 6 forum. I have yet to do anything USB yet since finding new updates/uploads are still part of my learning curve. I appreciate all the input and if you have any special tips I'd be happy to try them out. See ya at Line 6.

• Members

I regret not buying the Line6 POD xt Live. I should have bought it instead of the Line6 Flextone II combo.

I was going to run it into a Mesa/Boogie Stereo 2:50 poweramp and two speaker cabinets.

I've moved right on from amp modelling now.

• Members

Thanks everyone! You have all been a big help. I'll have to lay down the truth here though. I'm a super newb when it comes to electric so please be patient with me. I'll see if I can find the lin 6 forum. I have yet to do anything USB yet since finding new updates/uploads are still part of my learning curve. I appreciate all the input and if you have any special tips I'd be happy to try them out. See ya at Line 6.

Line 6 Forums - Click here

Archived