analog delay pedal for around $90

Sir Punk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yr mot gonna find a cheap analog delay w/ 500 ms. for under 90 bucks. In fact most analog dealy pedals top off @ 300 ms. The only analog delay I've heard of with a long dealy time is the Maxon 999 which has almost 1 second of delay. Oh man, does that pedal sound great (tried one out in NYC last weekend). But it also costs $330.

Id go with what anti and some others have siad and get an Ibanez DE-7. Its digital, but it has a great faux-analog mode, with the ability to get 2.6 seconds of delay. Great self-ocillation as well. They're not collactable yet, so you can pick them up for under $50 no sweat. If ibanez discontinues this series, the price on these will skyrocket, I guarantee you.

• Members

I have 2 cheap analog delays the Arion SAD1 and the DOD FX-96.

I would say that if you can find one then definately try a FX-96, but YOU HAVE TO RUN IT AT 12VOLTS. This cleans up the delays on the pedal considerably and increases the delay times by a significant amount too. I cant say how long exactly in milliseconds but the manual says something like 600ms. If you run it at 9 volts it gets knowhere near this barely managing to pass slapback terratry. But run it at 12 volts and this claim of 600ms is more believable... worth looking into for sure. Oh and I picked mine up in NOS condition with box and manual for about

• Members

I have 2 cheap analog delays the Arion SAD1 and the DOD FX-96.

I would say that if you can find one then definately try a FX-96, but YOU HAVE TO RUN IT AT 12VOLTS. This cleans up the delays on the pedal considerably and increases the delay times by a significant amount too.

interesting, I wonder if this would work on other pedals too, especially yhe fx90 being from the same family. I listened to some of these pedals, BUT, it wasn't my guitar, my amp and I didn't have much time to play with them. Owning something is different than just trying it out, just like shoes.

I got some great idea, and I think eventually I will just buy both and see which one fits me better and sell the other one. I will also look into the de-7 and the boutique pedal

• Members

I am ever on the verge of building an older MXR-style delay. After trying to get the board size down I think I may give up and hand-wire it. There are so many chips, that could end up being a real mess. Another option is to just let the board grow in size and rack it. Oh, I plan to add at least one additional delay chip, so hopefully I can hit 400ms at least.

• Members

most analog delays you can get for less than $200 are 300ms or so.

maybe a used ibanez de-7... not a bad sounding pedal at all, and better bypass than the 9 series pedals IMHO. Not sure if they ever fixed the switches.

I've never had a problem with mine, and it's definitely a great delay pedal

• Members

Check out the Righteous Tones Electro-Glide echo/delay.I really dig mine for it's warm and defused repeats and sturdy construction.Jeff at Righteous Tones designed the pedal after the classic Ibanez AD-80 analog delay.The Electro-Glide offers 800ms of analog voiced delay time with true bypass switching for only $84.99.

Ed

That pedal sounds good. And it's cheap. Wow.

• Members

Pre Order only.

Yep. They've had that pedal on their site for over a year. They've put up some excuse about it not meeting "technical specifications" for the delays in production. My guess is they figured out that even the mighty Behringer couldn't produce a real analog delay with those features for that price.

• Members

Just get a DE7. Very, very analog sounding on the echo mode. Also, amazing, very musical oscillation. It's actually digital, but it has a great analog tone.

I bought one. Compared it to the Boss, thought it was much better. The price is right and for the price, I don't think it can be beat.

Archived