analog delay pedal for around $90

Sir Punk

• Members

ok, I read a bunch of reviews and threads. I want an analog delay, I'll be happy with 500ms, as long as it has the analog sonical characteristics.

I was thinking about getting an ibanez ad-9 reissue for $65 shipped and a DOD FX-90 for $40 shipped. but then I read a few reviews on both and the reissue is good but not as great as the old one and the DOD is kinda lo-fi. I don't want the repeats to distort (I read a review on the AD and it says that the internal trims really mess up the sound). So maybe I'd rather spend $80-90 and get something better. Is there a delay that is a little better than an AD-9 reissue but doesn't cost $130? maybe there isn't. I don't know. how about some guyatones?

I'm gonna run this in front of a '79 JMP 50W and I don't mind a little boost when engaged

I need some help!!! any advice? THANKS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The DIY kit seems interesting, it doesn't say the delay time. and the echo park, I am not sure, it's still digital and has many functions.

I see, how about one with a 300/400ms but with the repeats better sounding than the two pedals I mentioned?

• Members

Check out the Righteous Tones Electro-Glide echo/delay.I really dig mine for it's warm and defused repeats and sturdy construction.Jeff at Righteous Tones designed the pedal after the classic Ibanez AD-80 analog delay.The Electro-Glide offers 800ms of analog voiced delay time with true bypass switching for only $84.99.

http://www.righteoustones.com/electro_glide.html

Ed

• Members

Definitely a DE7.

And don't be afraid of the FX90. Lo-fi doesn't = distorted repeats. It's pretty dark but very, very tape-like. For $40, I don't think you can do better for an analog delay.

What's the FX90?

$40 for another delay? I'd be on that...What company makes them?

• Members

The DIY kit seems interesting, it doesn't say the delay time. and the echo park, I am not sure, it's still digital and has many functions.

I see, how about one with a 300/400ms but with the repeats better sounding than the two pedals I mentioned?

300ms

arion SAD-1 on ebay... under $100 but varys widely

old DOD analog delays like the fx90 you mentioned.

keep in mind when they say 300ms, often its more like 250ms.

The DOD FX96 is kinda cool, but i think its delay time is more like 200ms or maybe less.

• Members
Check out the Righteous Tones Electro-Glide echo/delay.I really dig mine for it's warm and defused repeats and sturdy construction.Jeff at Righteous Tones designed the pedal after the classic Ibanez AD-80 analog delay.The Electro-Glide offers 800ms of analog voiced delay time with true bypass switching for only $84.99.

http://www.righteoustones.com/electro_glide.html

Ed

wow, that's almost the exact wording of the PT-80 DIY echo, which predates it by a few years :rolleyes: hmmmmmmm

Archived