JC-120 owners

RUExp?

• Members

How do run your amp?

For running pedals (dirt pedals in particular) I've found the best setting is plugging into the low input and turning the amp distortion on but all the way down. This gives a warmer sound and my dirt pedals really sound great like this.

IMG_0379.jpg

• Members

I run it with the mids high and the treble at 12 o'clock, bass around 10 o'clock w/ an old rat II w/ the distortion at 2 o'clock, filter at 3 o'clock and volume at 3 o'clock as well. It sounds pretty good, but I think the jc-120 is pretty picky about what dirt you run into it. The boss pw-2 actually sounded pretty cool into it as well. I haven't gigged with my jc-120 is almost a year but I need to mess with it more to see if I can get some good tones out of it again.

• Members

How do run your amp?

For running pedals (dirt pedals in particular) I've found the best setting is plugging into the low input and turning the amp distortion on but all the way down. This gives a warmer sound and my dirt pedals really sound great like this.

IMG_0379.jpg

woah weird! you found the secret too!!!

thats how i run the jc120 i have in my shop. we got it real cheap and are restoring it. such a sweet amp, too bad we gotta sell it soon!!!

Archived