Boss CE-3, any good?

IRG

• Members

I just got one off of ebay, and the seller is local, so no shipping charges. $35, seems like a decent deal, I can probably flip it if I don't like it. It is an analog chorus, like the CE-2. Don't think they are too different from each other. Anyone know if this will take a 1spot or not? Anyone have the CE-3? Wondering how it will compare to my Small Clone. I'm thinking of using two chorus pedals, set very differently from each other.

• Members

I love mine because it blends with your sound instead of being so overt.

Sounds good, kinda like how I was thinking of using it, set it so it isn't so in your face, and then I can have my Small Clone set for more in your face for those moments I want that.

How do you power it?

• Members

sounds nothing like the ce-2 really. Sounds amazing in stereo, not so great mono. It's good if you don't love chorus, cheap too. I prefer the CE-2.

I may run it in stereo actually. I read somewhere the CE-3 is easily modable to CE-2 specs. Not sure whether its worth doing or not. I really want to compare it to my Small Clone and how they are different, and set the two up in different ways.

I've been thinking about getting an Ibanez CS-9 chorus pedal, and then deciding between the 3 which I like best (or least) and get rid of the others. 3 chorus pedals on one board might be overkill.

• Members

I currently own both ce-2 and ce-3.

totally different animals. Ce-2 is way more classic sounding lush chorus, ce-3 is a weird guy that you can get some cool sounds and has a decent ammount of possible configurations.

they're kind of hard to sell though, but 35 bucks is a decent deal. Enjoy it

is it MIJ, or MIT?

• Members

I currently own both ce-2 and ce-3.

totally different animals. Ce-2 is way more classic sounding lush chorus, ce-3 is a weird guy that you can get some cool sounds and has a decent ammount of possible configurations.

they're kind of hard to sell though, but 35 bucks is a decent deal. Enjoy it

is it MIJ, or MIT?

Not sure where it was made. How does today's CE-5 version compare to these older Boss pedals? CE-3 vs. CE-5. I know the new one is digital and not analog. Kinda why I decided to get the CE-3.

• Members

Isn't there a way to use the ce-3 so that it's very close to the ce-2? Something about using the second output of the pedal instead of the main? I might be wrong...

Never got mine to sound like a CE-2 and tried every way possible. Sounds huge in stereo mode though!

Archived