BBE Free Fuzz

IRG

• Members

Anyone use one? I like the clips I heard of it on ebay. I have a modded Bif Muff Russian that I like, and want another fuzz, but not something that sounds too similar. This might do that. The reviews seem pretty good on the Free Fuzz, but there aren't many of them. Anyone use one here? Thoughts?

• Members

I think it's just too new and didn't generate enough excitement for a lot of people to run out and buy them. I've never heard anyone say bad things about BBE's new pedals (except for the sonic maximizer, as always)

In my opinion, they are cheap enough that if you can afford it, you should definitely get it and let us know how it works. You ought to be able to make your money back selling it if it's not for you.

• Members

I might go for it. I've been listening to the clips on youtube. I like it, and it isn't too expensive. I have a local shop that carries them, and I have a B-day coming up, so I think I might have to treat myself. These pedals have a nice feel/look to them. Seem pretty solid.

• Members

I might go for it. I've been listening to the clips on youtube. I like it, and it isn't too expensive. I have a local shop that carries them, and I have a B-day coming up, so I think I might have to treat myself. These pedals have a nice feel/look to them. Seem pretty solid.

Those on youtube sounds good too, but have you noticed that the GAIN was either at 3 o'clock or almost max'd on all of them :freak: - i want to hear how it sounds at 9 o'clock or even better, at MIN. Gain settings too :idea:.

Not everyone plays their FUZZ at "WALL-OF-FUZZ" settings all the time !!!

Makes me wonder it the unit can clean up at all . . .

;)

• Members

Well I tried one today at a local dealer. Left very unimpressed. I would like to hear it on my own setup. At the dealer I used a G&L strat (USA) into a clean Vox AC15. Volume was too loud for my liking. At first i just wasn't getting much from this pedal. The fuzz seemed like a light overdrive. The guy working there was trying to help me (much better player than I am) and i let him play some. He has a much more aggresive style than i do. It helps, but still wasn't what I was hoping for. I wanted to hear more of a thick Santana ish like tone, sort of what I heard on Youtube. Didn't get any of that at all. Oh well, nice to try before you buy. I also tried BBE's Crusher pedal. More versatile, and pretty tones from it. If I didn't like my amps distortion I could see getting this. I asked the guy at the store if his hearing was shot, because he had all of the settings pretty loud. Yep, he's got hearing issues. Too bad too, because he's not an old guy. Maybe the volume we played at wasn't helping this pedal any, I dunno.

• Members

Well I tried one today at a local dealer. Left very unimpressed. I would like to hear it on my own setup. At the dealer I used a G&L strat (USA) into a clean Vox AC15. Volume was too loud for my liking. At first i just wasn't getting much from this pedal. The fuzz seemed like a light overdrive. The guy working there was trying to help me (much better player than I am) and i let him play some. He has a much more aggresive style than i do. It helps, but still wasn't what I was hoping for. I wanted to hear more of a thick Santana ish like tone, sort of what I heard on Youtube. Didn't get any of that at all. Oh well, nice to try before you buy. I also tried BBE's Crusher pedal. More versatile, and pretty tones from it. If I didn't like my amps distortion I could see getting this. I asked the guy at the store if his hearing was shot, because he had all of the settings pretty loud. Yep, he's got hearing issues. Too bad too, because he's not an old guy. Maybe the volume we played at wasn't helping this pedal any, I dunno.

Sorry to hear it did not work out for you man :cry: . . .

. . . is there any other fuzz that is on your short-list ?

Archived