STEREO ELECTRIC MISTRESS

Kittie Rose

• Members

I bought the Stereo Electric Mistress. Don't know how warm the original was or is. But I like the tones just fine. I am surprised how neat it is most of the time. It's def warmer than most chorus units I've had or heard. The combo of the flange and chorus is good.

I am still just getting used to it but I don't regret the purchase a bit. Hell it was $82.50. That is dirt cheap for what it sounds like.

• Members

I bought the Stereo Electric Mistress. Don't know how warm the original was or is. But I like the tones just fine. I am surprised how neat it is most of the time. It's def warmer than most chorus units I've had or heard. The combo of the flange and chorus is good.

I am still just getting used to it but I don't regret the purchase a bit. Hell it was $82.50. That is dirt cheap for what it sounds like.

!!! Where did you get it that cheap?

• Members

I dunno, I want one, but I'm afraid it'll just sound fake and digital. The SEM costs more, requires it's own special adapt0r which makes things awkward, and probably has noise issues.

I'm not really into "Flanging" but I do like the Mistress.

So I don't know. If someone posted a really awesome clip it'd probably push me into buying it.

• Members

How likely would it cost to get the original, the battery powered version? Wouldn't this be my best bet?

I saw a bunch of them this last year on eBay. Granted, half of them required some repair, but probably nothing that you couldn't figure out. Seriously, an original EM is something I would never sell off. I prefer running AC power ( I hate batteries), and my DEM hits the spot for me; otherwise, I'd get an original.

• Members

You keep on comparing others flangers to this one so grab it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electro-Harmonix-Electric-Mistress-chorus-flanger_W0QQitemZ270191914844QQihZ017QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...or just buy the original (one on UK Ebay as well). Sometimes you have to sacrifice the use of batteries with good tone...I know, I know, it's crazy. I like to dance naked playing Duran Duran around the fire-pit just like the next guy, but there is always a solution...

0995093_450_CC_6aaaf.jpg

There you go.

Archived