Fulltone OCD versus Zendrive

blackba1

• Members

I am looking for an overdrive mainly for my Vox AC30CC1. I am currently using a Digitech Bad Monkey, but it sounds a bit synthetic.

I would like the pedal to work if possible with my fender Amps as well as they all share a pedalboard in my music room. My fender's are a '67 Bassman and a '69 Bandmaster reverb.

I am mainly a strat guy, but lately I have been playing LP's about 1/3 of the time.

So what would be better for what I am looking for an OCD or Zendrive?

There are 4 versions of the OCD now, but I can't find on Fulltone's site what they changed between them....

• Members

I am looking for a low-medium gain overdrive without the mid boost of a typical tubescreamer (my maxon ODs cover that well enough). I have a 3 knob mosferatu that I like alot, considering getting a 4knob version. I hear the wait is less than it used to be, but still 6 months :(

I mainly play classic rock, alternative, etc. Both the Vox and Fenders can be on the bright side, so a darker Overdrive would probably be more what I am looking for. I just don't want that typical Tubescreamer mid hump. The Mi audio blues boy deluxe did a decent job, but I moved it over to use with my Fender champ....

• Members

Yeah, the OCD is probably one of your best bets then. It has a tone knob that works very well on it, and has a very high range of gain settings because of the Low Pass and High Pass switch. Low Pass = clean boost to mild overdrive; High Pass = light overdrive to heavy distortion.

Archived