Voodoo Lab 4-knob Tremolo

willburford

• Members

Well I got it in the mail today from mike_sartori (?), and it works great. It's my first tremolo, so I can't really compare it to anything, but I think it sounds really good. Some gripes though:

a.) The LED doesn't pulse along with the speed. I was actually really bummed out by this, I figured this feature was standard in trems costing more than $20. Oh well
b.) The slope doesn't seem to do a lot in the middle areas. It's either minimum, middle, or maxed.
c.) Anything with the intensity below 12:00 is hardly even audible

But it's still really cool. :thu: Doesn't get that Radiohead 'bones' sound though with my gear. Not really sure how one would get that really thick, fat sound. Is it just tremolo? Or tremolo plus...?

Just thought I'd share my thoughts. I only played with it for about 15 minutes, I'll play more tomorrow. I was too busy being excited over trying out my rv-3 in front of dirt. I was also pleasantly surprised to hear that the rv-3 sounds way better in front of my amp (mesa boogie f-30), rather than in the loop. Much more natural. I dig. :cool:

• Members

Just spent a lot more time with it, and I'm impressed at the sounds it can make. Really good sounds, and lots of them. :thu: I don't think I'd ever need another trem if it only had a pulsating LED. Who knows, might not be that big of a deal... haven't tried it out in a band situation yet unfortunately.

Archived