just recorded something, feedback please?

only_shallow

• Members

hey, i recorded this today for a music project that i am doing for school and i really like it, the recording is kinda sucky; thats what i need you to comment/give me suggestions on, pretty please?

:wave:

(still uploading, link will be here later)

That's a serious case of cry wolf, only_shallow. You're killing me here :cop:

• Members

ahh! thats why! dont even bother dowloading that then; i'll upload convert it to an mp3 soon then!

As an MP3 you can put it on soundclick, box.net, etc, and it will play in the browser (in a flash player) as well as being a download (just FYI).. I hate waiting for Megauploads bull{censored}.

• Members

Just finished listening--- pretty sweet :-)

My thoughts:

-it started abruptly, maybe fade in the ambient pads first?

-it got a bit repetitive, although depending on what it's for, that might be ok. Maybe bring in another section of somethign around the 1:10 mark?

-around 1:50 when the guitar dies, the ambient abruptly "jerks" louder... I'm not a fan of that, I would have it fade out gradually with maybe something else quietly over it

Any thoughts to putting any rhythm section in? (drums, or something of that like, even a rhythmic noise)

Just my $.02

• Members

2mins 45 seconds to download....hardly an age is it?? :rolleyes:

I thought it was ok, kinda sent me to sleep because I was waiting for something to happen. But it was cool...I certianly didn't feel a terrible urge to turn it off so it can't have been that bad. good first effort. :thu:

• Members
2mins 45 seconds to download....hardly an age is it??
:rolleyes:

I thought it was ok, kinda sent me to sleep because I was waiting for something to happen. But it was cool...I certianly didn't feel a terrible urge to turn it off so it can't have been that bad. good first effort.
:thu:

I kinda felt like it was loading music for a game, haha. No offense, that's said in a good way :cool:

• Members

haha not really. Although I see where you're coming from. There aren't a lot of us non-preppy people :-/ Kinda wish I were going to MIT, actually.

Nah I'm kidding - I thought about doing my grad work at Tufts but then I realized getting a Masters in computer science might be as pleasant as eating lead.

• Members

Just finished listening--- pretty sweet :-)

My thoughts:

-it started abruptly, maybe fade in the ambient pads first?

-it got a bit repetitive, although depending on what it's for, that might be ok. Maybe bring in another section of somethign around the 1:10 mark?

-around 1:50 when the guitar dies, the ambient abruptly "jerks" louder... I'm not a fan of that, I would have it fade out gradually with maybe something else quietly over it

Any thoughts to putting any rhythm section in? (drums, or something of that like, even a rhythmic noise)

Just my $.02

ahh sorry that download took so long, i forgot about wav files and their lack of fast uploading...

so i changed it a little bit, its still the same parts, i changed the intro but it still comes in too quickly. i know its kinda repetitive, come on i thought it up in like 20 minutes and its for school for like this movie project thing; but, however, i like the melody. don't want to add some drums though; i tried some loops on my comp and they all sucked i think its supposed to be like this. i might work on it more but since its just for school i dont think of it going anywhere else.

edit: here's the newer version (also converted to mp3 so i'm hoping it wont take long to download) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8HGMKPP

Archived