Need some advice

balthazarr

• Members

on mfx units.

I've done a few hours reading here and on TSB, but
with a tube amp would I be better off with a set of pedals (I have a few) or a mfx unit like the VAP or TLSE?

Next question is, without an effects loop in the amp, can I just plug into a channel as I would with my guitar sans mfx?

• Members
on mfx units.

I've done a few hours reading here and on TSB, but

with a tube amp would I be better off with a set of pedals (I have a few) or a mfx unit like the VAP or TLSE?

Next question is, without an effects loop in the amp, can I just plug into a channel as I would with my guitar sans mfx?

Are you trolling??:freak:

• Members
Are you trolling??
:freak:

Thanks for nothin'.:rolleyes:

No, my questions are serious.
I have no experience with modelers and I don't have time to go to GC or Sash to audition any.
I just think it would be fun to have one bc my stomp boxes bore me.
If I like what I hear, I might just dump the lot of them.

• Members

most modelers seem to suck through an amp. That was my experience with the POD that i owned, and the tonelab that I tried at a friends place.

The one exception would be the old boss stuff, like the GT3, and GX700. Although the modeling actually only sounded good plugged in to an effects return (totally bypassing the preamp in your amp)

Tried a boss GT6, and hated it... havent tried any of the newer ones.

A lot of people around here were gushing about the magic stomp, but ive never tried one.

• Members

Turn the cabinet modeling off, set the amp to clean, no problems...

Much like using pedals before the amp.

Each unit has it's own characteristics though, so you might wanna double check every detail before ordering one.

And no, there's not much love for multi-effects around here...

If you're talking about the AX3000G then I can tell you it does seem to be a Vox Tonelab without the tube...

So basically you won't have "power amp tube modeling" and the stompboxes models are in the same section as the preamps. There's the ESS feature though - not available on the Tonelab - which sounds like a cool idea but I haven't heard much people talking about it.

Boss, Digitech, Line6 and Zoom... All worth checking out too.

• Members

Turn the cabinet modeling off, set the amp to clean, no problems...

Much like using pedals before the amp.

Each unit has it's own characteristics though, so you might wanna double check every detail before ordering one.

And no, there's not much love for multi-effects around here...

If you're talking about the AX3000G then I can tell you it does seem to be a Vox Tonelab without the tube...

So basically you won't have "power amp tube modeling" and the stompboxes models are in the same section as the preamps. There's the ESS feature though - not available on the Tonelab - which sounds like a cool idea but I haven't heard much people talking about it.

Boss, Digitech, Line6 and Zoom... All worth checking out too.

I just want a new toy to play with and that's that.

From the reviews I've read at TSB, some of these units are well worth the money.

I've heard some files and the sounds are quite amazing.

Not wanting another guitar or amp right now, so this seems like just the thing.

Archived