New PodXT User! Please Advise!

PRSnotPOS

• Members

Hey guys! I just got a PodXT for Christmas and I'm a little overwhelmed. I would like some advice for getting the best tones through my amp and on my computer. I have a PRS Standard 24 with a Traynor Custom Valve 50 BLUE and

YCX12BLUE Extension Cabinet. What types of settings should I use when playing live with my amp? Also, I'm thinking about buying Riffworks for my computer so I can record. Is there any other software I should look at? Thank you.

• Members

Did you get the XT bean or Live? In my experience it has been better to use the fx on the unit instead of the amp models. You have a great guitar and good amp those should be very good tone generators.

Edit: Are you using it strictly for recording or for live fx? Have you downloaded the edit software? I found that to unlock a lot more than just doing it on the unit, it's also more intuitive.

• Members

When you use the Pod, you need to run everything from the Pod. That means flat gain and eq settings on your amp. The Pod becomes the preamp, "preempting" your amps preamp, if that makes sense. If you start adding eq and gain from your amp, it tends to distort the digital presets from the Pod (although I am sure there are enough people who like to use both). At least, that's what I do. Experiment, and you will find what you like. It does take a fairly steep learning curve to get the most out of it.

Archived